News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on October 04, 2017, 09:48:54 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 04, 2017, 09:36:00 PM
An eyepatch is really cool, it's as if you're celebrating halloween early. :sidesmile:

Nah, more like a pirate! Avast me hearties, splice the main brace and shiver me timbers!

Pirate's gold! I see your new avatar is fit for the occasion, Dave!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Hey, "A Pirate Named Dave" seems like an appropriate title for something! :D

Dave was a gentle pirate,
Really into knitting socks,
Woolshops were his joys
In all the many docks.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Glad to hear you're doing (pretty much) OK after the operation, Dave. :thumbsup2:

I just talked with a dear friend who had both eyes done (in separate operations). She had cotton wool and gauze taped over the eye after the operation, and wore it for about a day. She also says that though she didn't have difficulty with her eyesight after the operations once she removed the gauze, after both were done she required a different prescription for her eyeglasses.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Glad to see it's going well, Dave.  My grand-dad had multiple cataract surgeries and I don't recall him having to wear a patch long at all (my mind is boggling a bit at the idea of a transparent eye patch). 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Ode to a Pirate named Dave........................

There once was a pirate named Dave
Who kept a dead whore in his cave
Said he: I'll admit, I'm a bit of a shit
But look at the money I'll save.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on October 04, 2017, 10:41:27 PM

Oh yeuk!

:puke:

A calumny was committed on Dave,
(The pirate who wasn't so brave,)
They said he was boring
Dead whores whilst a'shoring
Buxom doxies were really his fave.

Dragonia

Quote from: Icarus on October 04, 2017, 10:41:27 PM

HA!! That's awesome, but nasty!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on October 04, 2017, 10:29:01 PM
Glad to hear you're doing (pretty much) OK after the operation, Dave. :thumbsup2:

I just talked with a dear friend who had both eyes done (in separate operations). She had cotton wool and gauze taped over the eye after the operation, and wore it for about a day. She also says that though she didn't have difficulty with her eyesight after the operations once she removed the gauze, after both were done she required a different prescription for her eyeglasses.
I had mild astigmatism before the operation. The surgeons operated in such a way that they corrected most of that. Apparently where they make the incision and the resulting scar tissue can reshape the cornea. Which is exactly the idea behind laser eye surgery. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 04, 2017, 10:34:38 PM
Glad to see it's going well, Dave.  My grand-dad had multiple cataract surgeries and I don't recall him having to wear a patch long at all (my mind is boggling a bit at the idea of a transparent eye patch).
It's there to stop you inadvertently rubbing your eye before it's properly healed.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on October 05, 2017, 06:38:12 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 04, 2017, 10:34:38 PM
It's there to stop you inadvertently rubbing your eye before it's properly healed.

Yesh, bug . . . Being transparent is not all a favour, the double vision is a bugger and you tend to keep the eye closed, or covered, until it goes away!

This morning right eye vision like trying to watch TV in a sauna but slightly better focus at distance. Also feels like I have been poked in the eye so anaesthetic probably worn off.

Dave

Got fed up with sticky tape used to hold the eye guard/patch on, it has to be removed and replaced for the 7 times a day (at the moment) I have to put drops in, leaves sticky deposits on the gusrd and my skin and gradually peels of my skin anyway. And that adhesive is insoluble in alcohol or water, I have to use "label remover," which I would prefer not to use on my face.

It is pear shaped, so I drilled a new hole in the narrow end and tied a long elastic band between that and one of the existing ventilation holes. Now it stays on but I can remove it for drops and bathing if it gets gooey, though I will reinforce this with tape at night.

Bad Penny II

"Rhys Adams, SA-Best's candidate for the electorate of Finniss, posted a photo of him punching a wax figure of singer Rihanna at Madame Tussauds in Sydney."

His political party has dumped him
It's political correctness gone mad
It's funny, real Rihanna got punched
Canditate faux punched wax Rihanna
It's funny, don't know why you don't get it

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

I wish I could post more stuff today, but I had an eye exam.
My eyes are bugging me, they look like this.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'll come back tomorrow.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant