News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: Firebird on December 25, 2016, 11:15:02 PM
Hi all, popping in while in between diaper changes and feeding. Firechicklet is lying on my chest passed out right now, but we're about to go to a friend's place for dinner (fellow non-Christmas celebrator), so she'll be crabby soon. I don't mind, because she's still perfect in every way, even the crabby ones.
Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating, happy Pagan Tree day to all those not, and hope you're all doing good well. Hopefully will be back here more often now.

::) Thinking of us? ;D Thank you! Hope you have yourself a Merry Little Christmas :frolic:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Cheers, Firebird, thanks for stopping by--it's good to hear from you.  :wave hi:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Why can't prayer actually work? Why?  :cryandrun: I'm certain there are loads of people praying for more tolerable weather around here and yet the humid heat is relentless. :chin:

No one

xSilverPhinx:
Why can't prayer actually work? Why?  :cryandrun: I'm certain there are loads of people praying for more tolerable weather around here and yet the humid heat is relentless.

Because god is a vindictive prick.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on December 26, 2016, 11:43:36 PM
xSilverPhinx:
Why can't prayer actually work? Why?  :cryandrun: I'm certain there are loads of people praying for more tolerable weather around here and yet the humid heat is relentless.

Because god is a vindictive prick.

I must be in hell already.

No one

xSilverPhinx:
I must be in hell already

Well, there's plenty of room in this hand basket.

Arturo

Speaking of hell, I may be in the pre stages of a psychotic episode. And if you remember, I have schizoaffective disorder. So all game is to observe or ask questions if interested.

A few things:
I am not paranoid right now
I am hyper focusing on the fish I lost and couldn't decide if it was I who moved the fish or the mice and was looking all around for it
I feel the way as before when I had my first psychotic episode
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

Quote from: Apathy on December 27, 2016, 01:33:01 AM
Speaking of hell, I may be in the pre stages of a psychotic episode. And if you remember, I have schizoaffective disorder. So all game is to observe or ask questions if interested.

A few things:
I am hyper focusing on the fish I lost and couldn't decide if it was I who moved the fish or the mice and was looking all around for it

What happened the first time? You may have posted before and I just haven't seen it.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Arturo

Quote from: Firebird on December 27, 2016, 04:40:13 AM

A few things:

What happened the first time? You may have posted before and I just haven't seen it.

Oh no I didn't post it. I wasn't on this forum when that happened.

What happened the first time is, well, there is a lot to it. But I have a feeling, that feeling is what I during the episode. It's a lot of thinking involved. I'm not sure how to explain it honestly. But right now the feeling is fleeting.

Earlier I was flipping between choices. Like from going to sit at the table then to getting a fork and back and forth. And before that I was looking for my missing piece of fish and looking in several of the same places over and over. But it was the feeling that came with that which is, I think, something like a delusional episode.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

A few things:

Apathy, have you told this to a psychiatrist? If a full blown psychotic episode can be avoided by tweaking your medication then that's what you should be doing. :smilenod:

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 26, 2016, 11:17:10 PM
Why can't prayer actually work? Why?  :cryandrun: I'm certain there are loads of people praying for more tolerable weather around here and yet the humid heat is relentless. :chin:

Probably resistance blocking up the tubes.
Belief has to be total to receive god's grace.
A pyre to burn the unbelievers is traditional.
It may only be anecdotal but I think it helps.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Claireliontamer

Thought I'd pop by and wish you all a belated Merry Chrimbo. :)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 27, 2016, 12:47:52 PM
Thought I'd pop by and wish you all a belated Merry Chrimbo. :)

Hello Claire! :wave hi: