News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on November 21, 2016, 03:26:44 AM
So I'm sitting here trying to browse my computer and the cat keeps trying to sit in my lap and I keep blocking his path. He eventually goes away until I hear a loud noise from behind me and when I look to see, there is a box flying towards me and the CAT jumping away from it. Luckily it didn't hit me. But now I know my cat has it out for me.

Cats...spawn of the devil, they are.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I just handed in my end of course paper and now I'm feeling absolutely petrified. I'll be getting feedback later this week from the evaluators and I fear it won't be good. *nervous laughter*

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 21, 2016, 06:57:41 PM
So I'm sitting here trying to browse my computer and the cat keeps trying to sit in my lap and I keep blocking his path. He eventually goes away until I hear a loud noise from behind me and when I look to see, there is a box flying towards me and the CAT jumping away from it. Luckily it didn't hit me. But now I know my cat has it out for me.

Bruno de la Pole would agree with you.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 21, 2016, 07:15:57 PM

How is Bruno? Have you been in touch with him? I hope life's been treating him well. :smilenod:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 21, 2016, 07:15:19 PM
I just handed in my end of course paper and now I'm feeling absolutely petrified. I'll be getting feedback later this week from the evaluators and I fear it won't be good. *nervous laughter*
It will be good, don't worry.  :console:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 21, 2016, 07:17:39 PM

How is Bruno? Have you been in touch with him? I hope life's been treating him well. :smilenod:
Yes.
He was mean to me the other day.  >:(
...He has been "peeking" here and criticized a few things.  :sad sigh:
I said to him, "Look! I can only do so much...OK!?"  >:(

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 21, 2016, 07:25:51 PM

Yes.

:chin: Well, in that case...

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 21, 2016, 07:52:14 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 21, 2016, 07:25:51 PM

Yes.

:chin: Well, in that case...

:rofl:

No one

Today was going great, until people.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

People as in humans? Bi-pedal primates forbidden by their God from eating lobster and such? Them people?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Today while on the bus I saw a car with a sticker that covered almost half the rear window that said:

Fighting for Jesus
ju jitsu

Makes me wonder if instead of saying "ya!" or another vocalization associated with martial arts, they shout AMEN! every move they make...

:chin:

Asmodean

Fighting for Jew Jesus or in the style of Jew Jesus?

...Because the latter doesn't seem too effective. The dude was nailed to a cross and stabbed with spears after all... How good could he have been?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

Quote from: Asmodean on November 23, 2016, 10:51:45 AM
Fighting for Jew Jesus or in the style of Jew Jesus?

...Because the latter doesn't seem too effective. The dude was nailed to a cross and stabbed with spears after all... How good could he have been?

Didn't that Jebus guy also say that if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also? That doesn't seems to be a sound strategy either.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

On The Asmind today, yes..?

Well... Someone I know and... Like, I suppose, is in a bad place. Long story short, drugs. Long story long, drugs - again. I'm trying to define the scope of my caring/involvement. On one hand, I'm not "ready" to wash my hands of that particular person and not get involved in this particular situation... And yet, maybe I should. Cut, then fucking run. It's not always easy to set emotional attachments aside and approach the problem with the kind of cold rationale I admire in myself when dealing with this kind of shit, though, is it..? Still, I've succeeded before, and I am certain that I shall succeed again.

All in all though... Seemingly being a veritable magnet for strays and broken things - well, there are worse places to be. Alone, in the true sense of the word, comes to mind.

Fuck, etc...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.