Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 24, 2016, 10:28:28 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 24, 2016, 08:26:55 PM
I'm afraid.

I have until early November to hand in my end of course work and I've barely started writing it. What I have started writing looks like crap.  :headshake:

Hope it all comes together for you xSP.

Thanks Essie. I just need to figure out how to use my time more efficiently and not go off on a tangent. Both are a major problem.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 24, 2016, 10:47:32 PM
I'm afraid.

I have until early November to hand in my end of course work and I've barely started writing it. What I have started writing looks like crap.  :headshake:

Thanks Essie. I just need to figure out how to use my time more efficiently and not go off on a tangent. Both are a major problem.

Trouble with tangents is that they're so darned interesting. It's amazing that this thing called time (which some scientists seem to think is a human construct, whatever that means), is our constantly present despot and can only be managed, never dismissed or ignored.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 26, 2016, 12:13:00 AM
I'm afraid.

Trouble with tangents is that they're so darned interesting. It's amazing that this thing called time (which some scientists seem to think is a human construct, whatever that means), is our constantly present despot and can only be managed, never dismissed or ignored.

I agree. :smilenod: I go off on tangents because sometimes I don't want to be "to the point", there are so many interesting things to talk about.  :blahblah: As for time, it is, indeed!

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 26, 2016, 11:09:41 AM
I'm afraid.

I agree. :smilenod: I go off on tangents because sometimes I don't want to be "to the point", there are so many interesting things to talk about.  :blahblah: As for time, it is, indeed!

Have you tried using music, not your favourite makes you want to move stuff, something classical or ambient.
I have a notion that my mind has a couple of sides and if one side doesn't like what's on offer it'll just be a nuisance and stop the other side/s getting on with business.
I've sat through some pretty dull lectures but I found doodling helps, it engages a side and lets the other/s be open to some pretty dry stuff.
Anyway, I think you are a multiplicity and if you can distract your problem icities, give 'em a metaphorical colouring book, you might get some work done.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 26, 2016, 12:21:50 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 26, 2016, 11:09:41 AM
I'm afraid.

Have you tried using music, not your favourite makes you want to move stuff, something classical or ambient.
I have a notion that my mind has a couple of sides and if one side doesn't like what's on offer it'll just be a nuisance and stop the other side/s getting on with business.
I've sat through some pretty dull lectures but I found doodling helps, it engages a side and lets the other/s be open to some pretty dry stuff.
Anyway, I think you are a multiplicity and if you can distract your problem icities, give 'em a metaphorical colouring book, you might get some work done.

Yep, I generally listen to music while doing my stuff, not any songs that have lyrics because those get both or all my sides paying attention to what's being said. Music without lyrics does help.:smilenod:

Essie Mae

Oh dear, I think all these replies are just more tangents ....
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 29, 2016, 12:23:38 AM
Oh dear, I think all these replies are just more tangents ....

:lol:

But...but...I like tangents! :P

xSilverPhinx

I just bought 60 bilingual Portuguese-English books at a great price, now I just need my mother to sell them at her school.  :heyhey:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 30, 2016, 12:35:21 AM
I just bought 60 bilingual Portuguese-English books at a great price, now I just need my mother to sell them at her school.  :heyhey:
:cheerleader:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

OldGit

Quote from: xSilverPhinx

I hope you make some money out of them. ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on October 30, 2016, 09:22:11 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx

I hope you make some money out of them. ;D

That's the idea. :grin: I bought them for less than half price. :) 

OldGit

Five hundred years ago, Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the church at Wittenberg, which effectively started the Protestant Reformation.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on October 31, 2016, 09:40:47 AM
Five hundred years ago, Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the church at Wittenberg, which effectively started the Protestant Reformation.

Is that him in your new avatar? :chin:

OldGit

Yes, that's me / him. :)

Quote from: LutherWhoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on October 31, 2016, 08:09:12 PM
Yes, that's me / him. :)

Quote from: LutherWhoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!

Good quote! :lol: