News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on September 11, 2016, 08:33:45 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 11, 2016, 08:05:32 PM
Here's mine:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

No chopped dill pickles?  :headshake:
I guess I could substitute the squeeze of lemon for the dill pickles.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 11, 2016, 09:27:10 PM
Oh! I love tuna! I make the best tuna sandwiches! Let's compare recipes!
:secrets1: I know you've mentioned before that you're not a very good cook, but I still want to know how you make yours.
Here's mine:

:unsure:

Mine would seem rather boring in comparison. I take a can of tuna chunks and smear it on some bread. If there's a tomato lying around then some of that goes in there too. 

And that's about it.  :blush:
:therethere:
I'm sure plain tuna with tomatoes tastes good.... :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 11, 2016, 11:16:42 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 11, 2016, 09:27:10 PM
Oh! I love tuna! I make the best tuna sandwiches! Let's compare recipes!
:secrets1: I know you've mentioned before that you're not a very good cook, but I still want to know how you make yours.
Here's mine:

:unsure:

Mine would seem rather boring in comparison. I take a can of tuna chunks and smear it on some bread. If there's a tomato lying around then some of that goes in there too. 

And that's about it.  :blush:
:therethere:
I'm sure plain tuna with tomatoes tastes good.... :grin:

:P

I think that both by themselves taste good, putting them together is an added bonus. :grin:

On a different note, I think I'm high on air right now. :grin: 

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 11, 2016, 11:43:06 PM
Share some with me.  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 12, 2016, 02:25:02 AM
Share some with me.  ;D

I don't know if it's a good thing, I felt like a total airhead. :grin:

Icarus

We connoisseur types are fully aware that all canned tuna is not of the same quality. Nor is the quality of fresh tomatoes to be taken lightly. Do exercise the clearly superior  judgement that is the hallmark of HAF members everywhere.

Cut a prime tomato into a flower pattern and place in a suitable small bowl. Prior removal of skin is optional. Blanching the tomato is the approved way of removing the skin.  A few seconds in boiling water and the skin is easily removed.  Drain the tuna and then spoon or fork it generously over the tomato flower. No pickle, jalapeno, or other diluent is required at this point. Flood the whole of it with a good Italian dressing with a possible hint of Tabasco sauce. Add a dab of grated parmesan cheese along with a little bit of coarse ground black pepper.  Serve with croutons or alternatively with some torn bits of French, or Cuban bread or baguette. If you are feeling grandiose then a sprig of parsley  can decorate the top of your creation.  Enjoy!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on September 12, 2016, 03:28:11 AM
We connoisseur types are fully aware that all canned tuna is not of the same quality. Nor is the quality of fresh tomatoes to be taken lightly. Do exercise the clearly superior  judgement that is the hallmark of HAF members everywhere.

Cut a prime tomato into a flower pattern and place in a suitable small bowl. Prior removal of skin is optional. Blanching the tomato is the approved way of removing the skin.  A few seconds in boiling water and the skin is easily removed.  Drain the tuna and then spoon or fork it generously over the tomato flower. No pickle, jalapeno, or other diluent is required at this point. Flood the whole of it with a good Italian dressing with a possible hint of Tabasco sauce. Add a dab of grated parmesan cheese along with a little bit of coarse ground black pepper.  Serve with croutons or alternatively with some torn bits of French, or Cuban bread or baguette. If you are feeling grandiose then a sprig of parsley  can decorate the top of your creation.  Enjoy!

Gourmet!  Yum.  But as far as sandwiches are concerned, we're forgetting an important component -- the bread.  I favor Russian rye or wheat berry bread.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 12, 2016, 02:52:35 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 12, 2016, 02:25:02 AM
Share some with me.  ;D

I don't know if it's a good thing, I felt like a total airhead. :grin:

But...but...you're smiling right now, I want some!  :grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on September 12, 2016, 03:28:11 AM

Not bad, Icarus:yum:

I would just like to say that Tabasco sauce is more of an East Coast thing, Tapatio sauce is more of a West Coast thing.
~That's all. Just wanted to clear that up.  :grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 12, 2016, 03:54:33 AM
... But as far as sandwiches are concerned, we're forgetting an important component -- the bread.  I favor Russian rye or wheat berry bread.
Yes, rye, or sourdough.  :)

No one

Type of bread to be used depends on what is going between the slices.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: No one on September 12, 2016, 04:21:03 AM
Type of bread to be used depends on what is going between the slices.

True -- for tuna salad?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena