Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on August 11, 2016, 02:38:14 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 10, 2016, 11:15:35 PM
Was it the same today?

No I was worse. My manager would not stop breathing down my neck and yelling at me for every little thing. Plus I found out that wait staff does not get breaks or lunches. Ever. I was scheduled for six hours today and I'm still here after nine hours.

:therethere:
This sounds bad.  :(
I was a waitress many years ago, and yeah, it's like that.  :-\
Are the tips worth it?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on August 11, 2016, 05:19:24 AM
Was it the same today?

No I was worse. My manager would not stop breathing down my neck and yelling at me for every little thing. Plus I found out that wait staff does not get breaks or lunches. Ever. I was scheduled for six hours today and I'm still here after nine hours.

:therethere:
This sounds bad.  :(
I was a waitress many years ago, and yeah, it's like that.  :-\
Are the tips worth it?
I think we have legislation against that kind of exploitation in the UK. But, especially amongst tbe immigrant population, I am sure it goes on.

There is a "Modern Slavery" law in the mill to prevent the worst excesses. But that is mainly aimed at the likes of rich Arabs and the way they treat their domestic staff.

Buddy, do you get paid for all those extra hours?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

My son is very bright. But like many bright people he paid for that in a lack of common sense. He showed his 5 year old nephew Pokemon Go! His mother now wants to beat the living crap out of her brother!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on August 11, 2016, 12:45:13 PM
My son is very bright. But like many bright people he paid for that in a lack of common sense. He showed his 5 year old nephew Pokemon Go! His mother now wants to beat the living crap out of her brother!

I'd 've thought A but Mrs Tank gave Guardian a serve a while back so it might be B.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 11, 2016, 02:36:23 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 11, 2016, 12:45:13 PM

I'd 've thought A but Mrs Tank gave Guardian a serve a while back so it might be B.

It's 'A'  :thumbsup:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Was it the same today?

Damn!
Glad I live in a country with strong labor unions.

Hope it gets better for you. And that you make good money.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Essie Mae

Quote from: Guardian85 on August 11, 2016, 06:56:04 PM
Was it the same today?

Damn!

Sounds truly awful. Do you at least get to keep your tips?

Hope it gets better for you. And that you make good money.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on August 11, 2016, 06:56:04 PM
Too strong by far, if you ask me. It's relative though... Also, just to insert my usual disclaimer, I'm in a branch where for the moment, my job needs me more than I need it, so I guess I'm spoiled.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Essie Mae

Was looking through Highway Code with a young friend today and thought how useless the page on roundabouts is. No wonder motorists are always cutting each other up on the multi-junction roundabouts we have to contend with these days, no-one can work out the rules and the Highway Code just ignores them. Every woman and man for themselves.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Buddy

Today was much better than the last few days. First of all, asshole manager wasn't there and the person doing the training actually did her job instead of just leaving me to fend for myself the whole time. Plus there was this super sweet older couple that came in and since we were slow at the moment I got to spen some time chatting. His hobby was building scale models of boats and trains and even had an entire photo album to show me. I showed him some photos that I had taken from the train museum in York. I guess I really did a good job because they are known for always leaving only a dollar tip no matter how good the service was, and I got a five handed to me when they left.

Maybe this won't be the worst job ever.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on August 11, 2016, 11:53:07 PM
Today was much better than the last few days. First of all, asshole manager wasn't there and the person doing the training actually did her job instead of just leaving me to fend for myself the whole time. Plus there was this super sweet older couple that came in and since we were slow at the moment I got to spen some time chatting. His hobby was building scale models of boats and trains and even had an entire photo album to show me. I showed him some photos that I had taken from the train museum in York. I guess I really did a good job because they are known for always leaving only a dollar tip no matter how good the service was, and I got a five handed to me when they left.

Maybe this won't be the worst job ever.

It's great today was less stressful for you, an asshole manager is something I would wish for only for my worst enemies!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: Essie Mae on August 11, 2016, 10:41:19 PM
Every woman and man for themselves.
Also, every Asmo. He is considering spikes. HUGE ones. To bolt onto His Divine Motorpool, that is.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

A tree rattie stealing himself a camera. In the immortal words of John Oliver, almost violently delightful.

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant