News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on August 04, 2016, 01:48:21 PM
With a side-order of sudden rain showers, pollen, mosquitoes and horse-flies.  >:(
Insects!  >:( You did demand a raise in the name of The Asmo, yes?!

All you nature-y eco-types, see what nature does to a person? Makes him wet and stung all over.  >:( That's what it's for. Get some concrete!  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on August 04, 2016, 08:17:23 PM
Get some concrete!  >:(

If everyone got some concrete the Asmo would be omnipresent, yes? :P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Well... :???: That is...

Not so damned LOUD!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on August 04, 2016, 11:46:05 PM
Well... :???: That is...

Not so damned LOUD!  >:(

:redface:

:-X

:P

A brilliant plan, Your Greyness, a brilliant plan!

Magdalena

What/Who's on my mind? Firebird:sad sigh:
Where is he?  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

A specific person's (Someone from my real life) preference for drama over rational thought and the degree of clarity and/or violence with which I will send my upcoming "fuck the fuck off or grow the fuck up" message to that individual.

Too nice and it will not get through. Too nasty and taking me on a bothersome guilt trip will be attempted and the futility of that exercise will generate more drama. Fucking knife edges...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Firebird

Quote from: Magdalena on August 05, 2016, 09:28:34 PM

Hey Mags  :) And everyone else. Sorry, been traveling a lot, and I'm at the airport right now waiting for my in-laws, so I may be just lurking for a while. I'll be back soon. And then vanish a bit once our girl is born. Funny to see new members join and leave while I'm watching though. Especially the Texan hit the immovable wall of Davin.
Anyway, hope all is well. Buddy, fuck your employers, that also sounds illegal and you may want to explore that. Also, Unisom has always worked for my insomnia even when Ativan failed.
I'll be back..
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on August 07, 2016, 12:07:12 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 05, 2016, 09:28:34 PM

Hey Mags  :) And everyone else. Sorry, been traveling a lot, and I'm at the airport right now waiting for my in-laws, so I may be just lurking for a while. I'll be back soon. And then vanish a bit once our girl is born. Funny to see new members join and leave while I'm watching though. Especially the Texan hit the immovable wall of Davin.
Anyway, hope all is well. Buddy, fuck your employers, that also sounds illegal and you may want to explore that. Also, Unisom has always worked for my insomnia even when Ativan failed.
I'll be back..

With baby pictures?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Firebird

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 07, 2016, 01:42:39 AM
With baby pictures?

Absolutely! Till you're all sick of 'em.
My in-laws just went to sleep. They haven't been willing to talk comfortably on the phone from Turkey, so it was an interesting night. They're pretty cynical and pessimistic about where things are going, unfortunately, and seemed happy just to get away for a bit. It's hard to see them so down on their country. Probably how I would feel if Trump won.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on August 05, 2016, 09:35:10 PM
A specific person's (Someone from my real life) preference for drama over rational thought and the degree of clarity and/or violence with which I will send my upcoming "fuck the fuck off or grow the fuck up" message to that individual.

Too nice and it will not get through. Too nasty and taking me on a bothersome guilt trip will be attempted and the futility of that exercise will generate more drama. Fucking knife edges...
I understand what you're going through. I've been there, done that. Same situation, I tried both, first I was nice, but it did not get through. After many years of drama, I tried your approach, "fuck the fuck off or grow the fuck up." I guess two of them weren't ready to grow the fuck up because I never saw them again. The third person I said it to did grow the fuck up, and fast!  ;) But when you say something like that, you have to mean it. "Grow up right now, if you can't, then just leave and save the drama for your mama."

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

What did The Asmo do?

Arturo

If I get a job with my cousin, I get to keep this house all to myself and pay rent into the mortgage until it's paid off.

$500 (plus utilities) though, not sure if I could do that at $12 an hour and still live comfortably with my dog.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on August 08, 2016, 02:22:40 PM
It's very quiet here . . .

Very...
:-X

Hear that?

chirp chirp chirp chirp...