News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on July 29, 2016, 05:35:34 AM
I find out if I get a promotion at work tomorrow. I'll be put on full time days instead of part time nights plus a raise to at least 10 dollars an hour. I really hope I get it and I'm so anxious for tomorrow.

Good luck! Will cross any and all applicable body parts.  ;D

Me, I got to do a good deed today. Was surveying buildings in an area of cabins and vacation cottages when a woman asked if we could help her get to the local medical clinic before it shut for the weekend (does not have emergency room services). Apparently she was suffering from a significant infection and had been issued the wrong type of medication. Being alone and not able to drive, she needed some help. Seeing a guy walking around with a jacket saying "Målselv Municipality" on it she came over and asked. Seeing how much discomfort she was in, of course I agreed to drive her to the clinic.

Ironic coincidence; my car is a decommisioned ambulance.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Recusant

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 29, 2016, 03:40:45 PM
Quote from: Buddy on July 29, 2016, 05:35:34 AM
I find out if I get a promotion at work tomorrow. I'll be put on full time days instead of part time nights plus a raise to at least 10 dollars an hour. I really hope I get it and I'm so anxious for tomorrow.

Good luck! Will cross any and all applicable body parts.  ;D

Me, I got to do a good deed today. Was surveying buildings in an area of cabins and vacation cottages when a woman asked if we could help her get to the local medical clinic before it shut for the weekend (does not have emergency room services). Apparently she was suffering from a significant infection and had been issued the wrong type of medication. Being alone and not able to drive, she needed some help. Seeing a guy walking around with a jacket saying "Målselv Municipality" on it she came over and asked. Seeing how much discomfort she was in, of course I agreed to drive her to the clinic.

Ironic coincidence; my car is a decommisioned ambulance.  8)

That's very cool, Guardian85, and I like the irony about your car's past life.  :bravo:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

That's sweet G85. I'm sure that woman really appreciated your help.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Fingers crossed for you, Buddy!

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Aww thanks guys. You're the best! Unfortunately now I won't find out until Monday. I sent an extra prayer to the Grey One for luck.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Hm...  >:( Mebbe He will get pleased and grant luck.  >:(

*The Asmo grumpily wanders off muttering about how you give them one tiny thing and the next thing you know they want...  >:( ... ... Bloody AIRPLANES!  >:( ... ... /Muttering*
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

So....
Like....
I'm as drunk as anyone can get on a whole bunch of Bud Light beers.

What's on my mind? Bruno de la Pole and Crow. I  think they will always be on my mind whenever I get drunk.  :cryandrun:

I hate them..

Amen.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on July 30, 2016, 04:18:07 AM
So....
Like....

What's on my mind? Bruno de la Pole and Crow. I  think they will always be on my mind whenever I get drunk.  :cryandrun:

I hate them..

Amen.

:therethere:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

Quote from: Magdalena on July 30, 2016, 04:18:07 AM
So....
Like....

You need a better grade of alcoholic beverage. 8)

Seriously? Bud Light? Might as well drink water.....  :???:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

I like Ottakringer meself... Pretty much the only beer I don't dislike.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Got 3/4 bottle of Merlot, 4oz of Gorganzola and some olives and biscuits inside me; watching Episode VII of Star Wars, interspersed with a 2 hour conversation with my archaeologist friend on the state of the world, the prehistory of mankind, the American election (the friend is American), the "Jewish problem", (she is also a Jew) etc. and now feeling quite mellow.

Nice to have a mind that still works with stimularion!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74