News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael1

Figured out what I was doing wrong in my life and now trying to suck up to everyone as I'm feeling guilty.

I liked the earth before it was cool.

Bad Penny II

What did you figure you was doing wrong God?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

No one

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on June 21, 2016, 05:33:21 AM
All the swords.

As I think I've mentioned, we have 4 boys between us. What this means in a practical sense is that our house is overflowing with Star Wars paraphernalia, mixed in with some Batman and Five Nights at Freddy's stuff (plus all of the three year olds Transformers. He's obsessed.) We also have every wheeled vehicle known to man, including bikes, skateboards, scooters, a big wheel, a Flying Turtle (google it, I don't have the energy to explain,) this four wheeled bike thing, what is basically a large hot wheel that you can do tricks on, and a motorized mini truck that my parents bought and which is destroying the lawn. But fine, we have every wheeled vehicle known to man.

What caught my attention is that after the boys went to bed, I was tidying up, and I managed to round up 12 swords that were casually left around the house, 8 of which were light sabers (red, green, and blue!) Why the hell do 4 boys need so many goddamned light sabers?!? But they do. They freaking love light sabers. There are more up in their rooms. Aside from the light sabers, there are some pirate and ninja swords as well. All of the swords. I love them all, but seriously. Why do boys need so many swords?

One reason one needs so many different swords as a child is that different swords are for different types of play. It would not do at all to have to play pirates with lightsabers, or ninja with a pirate's cutlass. It might cause cognitive dissonance in their tiny little craniums, and that is not way to have fun. Next time I visit I will try to bring some toy viking swords. 
:cartoonviking:

You could hope they will outgrow the sword thing as they get older.

However, that is very unlikely.  ;D

Sorry I didn't have my sai and my Wolverine claws for the picture, but they are in a box in the garage.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

I need to see these Wolverine claws...

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on June 21, 2016, 07:10:12 PM

Obviously I have a matching pair.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 21, 2016, 07:45:33 PM
Quote from: Ali on June 21, 2016, 07:10:12 PM

Obviously I have a matching pair.
Ok, that's genuinely awesome. I want a pair!

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 21, 2016, 06:38:37 PM
You could hope they will outgrow the sword thing as they get older.

However, that is very unlikely.  ;D
I did. I guess I'm boring that way; no nostalgia at all for the less civilized ages. Oh, and Americans, you do know that the fifties sucked, right?  ;)

Explosives, on the other hand... Explosives and weapons of mass destruction... Or at the very least, mass misery. Those never do get boring somehow...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on June 21, 2016, 08:42:17 PM

Funny thing is I had them in my pack when we came to visit you.

-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 21, 2016, 10:32:27 PM

You fly with those things? Checked in, I take it?  :???:

...Or I may need to learn your secret, just in case.  ;D

...And don't let the secret par of it be "Them's be plastic" or some such nonsense.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: God on June 21, 2016, 01:55:00 PM
Figured out what I was doing wrong in my life and now trying to suck up to everyone as I'm feeling guilty.

It's a nice feeling, figuring it all out...not so nice sucking up to everybody.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ali

And you NEVER showed me?  >:( Like Asmo, I want to know how you got them on the plane.

Tank

How the fuck did you get them on an aircraft?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pasta Chick

Found a man unresponsive about a mile and a half off the road whilst bikejoring this morning. Probably a homeless junky. I feel like crap for calling it in what with our horrible system for homeless/addicts, but if you don't respond to greetings and don't even flinch when a Malinois tackles your feet, I'm not gonna be the one that shakes you and I'm not gonna live with myself if you're found dead later that day.

Firebird

Quote from: Pasta Chick on June 22, 2016, 01:17:32 PM
Found a man unresponsive about a mile and a half off the road whilst bikejoring this morning. Probably a homeless junky. I feel like crap for calling it in what with our horrible system for homeless/addicts, but if you don't respond to greetings and don't even flinch when a Malinois tackles your feet, I'm not gonna be the one that shakes you and I'm not gonna live with myself if you're found dead later that day.

Damn. Good thing you were there.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"