News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on June 05, 2016, 08:30:33 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 05, 2016, 08:26:10 AM
Quote from: Apathy on June 05, 2016, 08:23:10 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 05, 2016, 08:21:01 AM
Quote from: Apathy on June 05, 2016, 08:15:13 AM
Kinda sad 😔
You feel sad?

Yes. Very.
Why are you sad?  :(

I don't know. I don't have anything on my mind at the moment. Earlier I was just feeling alone though.
What do you do when you feel like that? Do you call someone close to you and talk to them about it? Or do you just "grin and bear it?"

...It's OK if you don't want to talk about it with me.  :(

Bad Penny II

QuoteChildren's Wall Climbing (Descending Only) Amazing Spiderman Toys US $0.12 (AU $0.15) Delivered @ AliExpress

You can get 'em here if you want
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hot-Sale-Doors-Walls-Glass-Marvel-Legends-Tricky-Spiderman-Educational-Children-s-Climbing-Amazing-Spiderman-Toys/1392098_32619428158.html

Wall climbing descending only, it should get an award.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on June 05, 2016, 08:38:53 AM
Kinda sad 😔
You feel sad?

Yes. Very.

I don't know. I don't have anything on my mind at the moment. Earlier I was just feeling alone though.
What do you do when you feel like that? Do you call someone close to you and talk to them about it? Or do you just "grin and bear it?"

Well I try to bear it, but I don't grin and I usually try to go to chat rooms or something where I can be around people. I know a lot of people this way. I also am a regular in many places around the web.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on June 06, 2016, 12:28:51 AM
Kinda sad 😔
You feel sad?

Yes. Very.

Well I try to bear it, but I don't grin and I usually try to go to chat rooms or something where I can be around people. I know a lot of people this way. I also am a regular in many places around the web.
Is there someone you can talk to face-to-face? You know...someone like... a significant other?

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on June 06, 2016, 01:23:37 AM
Quote from: Apathy on June 06, 2016, 12:28:51 AM
Kinda sad 😔
You feel sad?

Yes. Very.

Is there someone you can talk to face-to-face? You know...someone like... a significant other?

Haha I wish but since I've had my psychotic episode, all my friends and my love interest told me to get lost. So I did and now I just hang with family and go to the gym and talk to the people I know there. But it's all guys and I'm not gay. I do get face to face with girls in these chat rooms but they are scattered all over the globe so they bring their drama with them. So not really connected with any girl in real life right now. I do talk to them though trying to build up my courage.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on June 06, 2016, 04:07:51 AM
... So not really connected with any girl in real life right now. I do talk to them though trying to build up my courage.

Good.

Sandra Craft

So not really connected with any girl in real life right now. I do talk to them though trying to build up my courage.

Have you considered those rapid date things, where you go from table to table talking to different women for 5 to 15 min?  I imagine that would take some of the pressure off, since everyone's there for the same thing and there's no big expectations. 

Or maybe an organized group date, where a bunch of people with a shared interest (wine tasting, or cooking, for instance) get together and spend the evening doing that.  No pressure, you're just there to enjoy yourself with some new people who like something or other as much as you do.  If I were looking to start dating, I'd try that one myself. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

Haha I wish but since I've had my psychotic episode, all my friends and my love interest told me to get lost. So I did and now I just hang with family and go to the gym and talk to the people I know there. But it's all guys and I'm not gay. I do get face to face with girls in these chat rooms but they are scattered all over the globe so they bring their drama with them. So not really connected with any girl in real life right now. I do talk to them though trying to build up my courage.

If they told you to get lost instead of standing by you, then these people were never your friends in the first place.  Good riddance!

Tank

Quote from: No one on June 06, 2016, 04:48:31 PM

If they told you to get lost instead of standing by you, then these people were never your friends in the first place.  Good riddance!
My thoughts exactly.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Yep. Mental illness has such a stigma and it's awful. Recently had a person tell me that I didn't need antidepressants and just needed to grow up and deal with the real world. I don't speak to that person anymore.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Buddy on June 06, 2016, 11:11:53 PM
It's shocking that people still say things like that. Good for you in not talking to them any more - what with everyhing else you have to contend with, you don't need people like that around you.

Yep. Mental illness has such a stigma and it's awful. Recently had a person tell me that I didn't need antidepressants and just needed to grow up and deal with the real world. I don't speak to that person anymore.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare