News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

Some low life piece of shit ass monger shot and killed a cop earlier this week. He has since been shot down himself, but the funeral is today and most of the surrounding area is shut down while choppers circle overhead and the whole thing is just terribly depressing.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on May 27, 2016, 08:39:31 PM
Page 666
...And...
TODAY'S MOON PHASE:
Waning Gibbous
Illumination: 71%

Pahu comes to mind.
:shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

OMG!!! It's the Apocalypse!!!

:panic:*

*Illustrative purposes only. The poster makes no claims that she can actually run in circles.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

^^^
It is not! Don't be so dramatic!  >:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

But, but, we'very not had an Apocalypse lately. I want an Apocalypse!  :waah:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Magdalena on May 28, 2016, 03:05:28 AM
^^^

SHHH Mags we have to humor her until the pain meds wear off!  ;)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

OMG! I am so sorry, I confused you with  Essie Mae! :faints:
Of course we can have an apocalypse, right now! Anything you want.  :grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on May 28, 2016, 03:21:48 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 28, 2016, 03:05:28 AM
^^^

SHHH Mags we have to humor her until the pain meds wear off!  ;)

:secrets1: Thank you, Buddy.
:whew:
I think she went back to sleep.  :snicker:

Ecurb Noselrub

Lon Chaney is still, still walking with the Queen. On page 666. His hair is still perfect.

(Hint: Compare photos of Prince Philip with photos of Lon Chaney - the Wolf Man).

Magdalena

Maybe Velma is correct.
What are they giving you, Velma?
Can I have some?
:grin:

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on May 28, 2016, 04:19:07 AM

Creepy!  Where did you find that?  You don't know math well enough to have come up with that on your own.  Unless you are a witch.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 28, 2016, 04:56:33 AM

Creepy!  Where did you find that?  You don't know math well enough to have come up with that on your own.  Unless you are a witch.
That is mean! But...you're a lawyer...so, it's OK.  ;D
No, I didn't come up with it, for the reasons you just gave.  ;D
A witch? Me? I believe the jury hasn't come up with a decision...yet...on that particular matter.  :scratch:

:secrets1: I doesn't look like you're gonna win this case.  :smileshake:

Velma

Maybe Velma is correct.
What are they giving you, Velma?
Can I have some?
:grin:
For the first couple of days after surgery, I was getting Dilaudid through my IV four times a day, 10 MG Oxycontin twice a day, and 5/325 MG Percocet every four hours as needed. They have taken me off the Dilaudud, so I am only on the Oxycontin and Percocet. They are quite serious about pain control at this hospital, much to my relief. It is difficult to do physical therapy when all you can think about is how much pain you're in.