News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 06, 2016, 05:42:15 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 06, 2016, 04:16:41 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 06, 2016, 03:02:33 AM
I feel like with everything in the medical field being digital right away all it would take would be a quick search of your name on the database and they would see that you didn't have a chart.
What if this happened before the medical field became digital? You probably don't remember this, but some of us had to 'physically carry' our medical records from one place to another.  ::)
:grin:

When people in the medical field get digital with me, I demand that they use K-Y Jelly.
:picard facepalm:
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on May 06, 2016, 12:23:52 PM
There was an election yesterday. I have no idea what it was for, don't remember receiving my card either.

It may have only been for PCC in your area, therefore pointless.  We has the PCC and a local neighbourhood plan referendum.  Some places had local council ones / mayoral elections too. 

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 06, 2016, 08:40:43 PM
There was an election yesterday. I have no idea what it was for, don't remember receiving my card either.

It may have only been for PCC in your area, therefore pointless.  We has the PCC and a local neighbourhood plan referendum.  Some places had local council ones / mayoral elections too.

Thanks.

Now sometimes I hate the internet unlike the helpful stuff like the above there is something I wish not to know. I wish I could remain ignorant about certain things but fuck I'm really grossed out now.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on May 06, 2016, 10:01:26 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 06, 2016, 08:40:43 PM

Thanks.

Now sometimes I hate the internet unlike the helpful stuff like the above there is something I wish not to know. I wish I could remain ignorant about certain things but fuck I'm really grossed out now.

??? are you drunk?  Or am I drunk?  That makes zero sense!

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 06, 2016, 10:20:56 PM

Probably both. Makes sense to me except "is something" should have been "are some things". Still grossed out though.
Retired member.

Magdalena

I'm also probably gonna be drunk in a few hours.  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on May 06, 2016, 10:43:56 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 06, 2016, 10:20:56 PM

Probably both. Makes sense to me except "is something" should have been "are some things". Still grossed out though.

I'm still confused, yes I am drinking beer.  Why are you grossed about elections?

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 06, 2016, 10:50:15 PM
I'm still confused, yes I am drinking beer.  Why are you grossed about elections?

Not about elections about something else I stumbled across on the internet when searching if James Nesbitts hair was a hair piece or surgery.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on May 06, 2016, 10:53:14 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 06, 2016, 10:50:15 PM

Not about elections about something else I stumbled across on the internet when searching if James Nesbitts hair was a hair piece or surgery.

Ahhhh. Je comprends!

Asmodean

The Asmo, by the way, is still around. In the shadows, and as evil as ever. Starting to grow vicious, in fact, which is not necessarilly a fortunate thing. But that's life for you.

In any case, thought I'd check in what with forum troubleshooting and all.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on May 07, 2016, 08:57:08 PM
The Asmo, by the way, is still around. In the shadows, and as evil as ever. Starting to grow vicious, in fact, which is not necessarilly a fortunate thing. But that's life for you.

In any case, thought I'd check in what with forum troubleshooting and all.
Thank you, Asmo.  :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Why isn't palindrome a palindrome?

Firebird

So my favorite baseball team (the New York Mets) has a pitcher named Bartolo Colon. Oldest guy in the league, really overweight, yet somehow still a pretty good pitcher. And he's hilarious. He's done things like this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

He's also a terrible hitter. Like really bad. Like this bad:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well, today he took one powerful swing and completely broke the internet in the US:

The odds of this happening were probably bigger than Leicester winning the Premier League. One of the announcers later said "I want to say that was one of the longest home run trots I've ever seen, but I think that's how fast he runs."
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: No one on May 07, 2016, 11:10:35 PM
Why isn't palindrome a palindrome?

Because the Word Gods did not want to make us write "palin" twice, either forward or backward. They could see what was going to happen in the future.

Recusant

Quote from: Firebird on May 08, 2016, 04:52:32 AM
Well, today he took one powerful swing and completely broke the internet in the US:

Amazing. Things like this are part of the reason I'm an inveterate opponent of the designated hitter.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken