News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on May 05, 2016, 06:18:58 PM
This is from The Best of "Idiot Award"

Could this be true? :-\
If this would've happened to me, I would've been stuck in the mental hospital for longer than 3 days!  :o
I don't see how that could actually happen. It seems like it was made.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

No one

Never doubt the depths of human stupidity. It is fathomless.

xSilverPhinx

If this would've happened to me, I would've been stuck in the mental hospital for longer than 3 days!  :o

I've heard of that before, but it happened a long time ago it seems.

I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't doubt it.  :thoughtful:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 06, 2016, 12:45:21 AM

I've heard of that before, but it happened a long time ago it seems.

I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't doubt it.  :thoughtful:

I don't know either.
What's the first thing all of us would say? "I'm not crazy!"
What the first thing the workers at the mental institution would say? "Yeah, right!"
:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

I feel like with everything in the medical field being digital right away all it would take would be a quick search of your name on the database and they would see that you didn't have a chart.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

It's a legend, not real. One of several similar stories along the same vein.

From Snopes:

The Zimbabwe bus riders tale appeared on the Internet in April 1997, presented as an item that had come from the 4 April 1997 issue of South Africa's Financial Mail. But of course it hadn't — searches of that paper's archives failed to turn up the story. The yarn was subsequently published in the Weekly World News, a U.S. supermarket tabloid that "gleefully chronicled the exploits of alien babies, animal-human hybrids and dead celebrities."

Similar to this story, also false:

Not so long ago, a Scranton coal tycoon employed a chef named Napoleon whose roasts and sauces were famous for miles around. The president of a nearby university borrowed him one day to cook an important dinner, and Napoleon proudly set forth to fill the engagement, his trusty carving knives wrapped in a piece of old newspaper.

He just did catch his bus, and, breathing heavily, instructed the driver, "Step on the gas, mister. The president is waiting for me." The driver looked warily at the carving knives, nodded, "You're the boss," and drove him straight to a lunatic asylum.

Thinking this must be the university, the cook unwrapped his knives and announced to the guard at the gate, "I'm Napoleon. Where's the party?" Next thing Napoleon knew he was in a padded cell.

Both humorous, butt not real.

You now what is real?

Liverpool beat Villarreal 3-0.

That's real.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 06, 2016, 03:12:06 AM
It's a legend, not real. One of several similar stories along the same vein.

From Snopes:

The Zimbabwe bus riders tale appeared on the Internet in April 1997, presented as an item that had come from the 4 April 1997 issue of South Africa's Financial Mail. But of course it hadn't — searches of that paper's archives failed to turn up the story. The yarn was subsequently published in the Weekly World News, a U.S. supermarket tabloid that "gleefully chronicled the exploits of alien babies, animal-human hybrids and dead celebrities."
Wait.
Are you saying that this isn't real?

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Yep...sorry to bust bubbles.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 06, 2016, 03:02:33 AM
I feel like with everything in the medical field being digital right away all it would take would be a quick search of your name on the database and they would see that you didn't have a chart.
What if this happened before the medical field became digital? You probably don't remember this, but some of us had to 'physically carry' our medical records from one place to another.  ::)

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on May 06, 2016, 04:16:41 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 06, 2016, 03:02:33 AM
What if this happened before the medical field became digital? You probably don't remember this, but some of us had to 'physically carry' our medical records from one place to another.  ::)

When people in the medical field get digital with me, I demand that they use K-Y Jelly.

OldGit

xSilverPhinx

I almost forgot my mother's birthday today.   :rant:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

There was an election yesterday. I have no idea what it was for, don't remember receiving my card either.
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Crow on May 06, 2016, 12:23:52 PM
There was an election yesterday. I have no idea what it was for, don't remember receiving my card either.

Must have been the one to elect Jürgen Norbert Klopp as King.