News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2016, 05:44:46 PM
Oh! Whatever, man!  >:(
;D

I'm just kidding my friend, I know your not that busy! ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Is it sad that I still need a step stool to be able to wash the top of the Mini Cooper?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 01, 2016, 07:51:54 PM
Is it sad that I still need a step stool to be able to wash the top of the Mini Cooper?
Ok, I gotta ask after all the Mini jokes, just how tall are you?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Buddy

Quote from: Firebird on April 01, 2016, 07:58:22 PM

5'2"  on a good day.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 01, 2016, 08:09:15 PM

5'2"  on a good day.

Still taller than my wife by half an inch (that half inch matters!) Though maybe that was measured on a bad day
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Guardian85

Sad? No.

Funny and adorable? Yeah, pretty much.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Firebird on April 01, 2016, 08:16:29 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 01, 2016, 08:09:15 PM

5'2"  on a good day.

Still taller than my wife by half an inch (that half inch matters!) Though maybe that was measured on a bad day

My wife (Socorro) is only 4'11", so you sky over her Bud.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

*Grumbles and looks up inch to centimeter converter*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 02, 2016, 01:15:16 PM

*Grumbles and looks up inch to centimeter converter*

Roughly 25mm to an inch.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Firebird

Speaking of outdated measuring systems, I keep noticing on the occasional Dr. Who episode that they makes references to "miles". I thought y'all were on the metric system now? I know "stone" is still used for weight occasionally, but that still seemed odd to me. Does anyone still use miles in the UK?

Crow

Quote from: Firebird on April 02, 2016, 06:07:38 PM
Speaking of outdated measuring systems, I keep noticing on the occasional Dr. Who episode that they makes references to "miles". I thought y'all were on the metric system now? I know "stone" is still used for weight occasionally, but that still seemed odd to me. Does anyone still use miles in the UK?

Yup for some reason stone (body weight), foot (persons height), mile (transport) are all used frequently in the context in brackets but won't be used in other context or by professionals in those fields.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on April 02, 2016, 06:07:38 PM
Yep. All of us all the time. All the signage is in miles all across the UK.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

I had to Google it, because it so so confusing for people who are used to the metric system. So, I weigh 17.32 stones, I'm 6'6" tall and live 21.748 miles from Frankfurt.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein