News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I've been thinking a lot, today, about your story Bruno. Not about the tragedy, but about the smartest kids in school, the rejects, the ones hanging out after school on the pottery wheel, or in the art and music rooms. The ones who would sulk away in corners, who always didn't show up for class, the ones brooding in the back. The obnoxious, and loud ones, the disciplinary cases, the class clowns always acting out or giving hell to the teachers. This video takes me back to that time, I wanted to share it with you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

My son is starting to rack up some serious air miles this year. He's just done UK>Australia>UK, London>Edinburgh>London, in the next 6 weeks he's doing London>Abu Dabi>London, London>Bajing>London>California>London, London>Sochi(Russia)>London. On the trip from Bajing to California he doesn't leave Heathrow airport! He'd have been better going Bajing>California! It's possible he'll do all the F1 races this year.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

What an exotic, exciting life. To travel and get paid for it, although I guess he works very hard.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on March 26, 2016, 02:36:56 PM
What an exotic, exciting life. To travel and get paid for it, although I guess he works very hard.
Yes and he doesn't see the race or generally anything other than the pits, coach and his hotel room. Not as glamorous as it looks by a long shot. But he does get an 'inconvenience allowance' from the moment the coach leaves the factory to the moment it gets back there. He did get a day off in Melbourne though.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on March 26, 2016, 04:40:32 PM
Yes and he doesn't see the race or generally anything other than the pits, coach and his hotel room. Not as glamorous as it looks by a long shot. But he does get an 'inconvenience allowance' from the moment the coach leaves the factory to the moment it gets back there. He did get a day off in Melbourne though.
I don't suppose they need security on staff, do they?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 26, 2016, 04:41:36 PM

Or someone just tagging along? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 26, 2016, 04:41:36 PM
Not as far as I know. I would be pretty sure they'd get them from the factory security provider.

Pasta Chick

I was doing ok with family dinner until everyone started talking about how the Shroud of Turin or whatever the fuck is real and they proved it because all shit scientists couldn't explain happened during the resurrection

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

NoHandlebarsAttached

Is it at all possible to change your display name?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: NoHandlebarsAttached on March 27, 2016, 05:29:35 AM
Is it at all possible to change your display name?

Try going into Profile, modify profile, account settings.  That should work.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

NoHandlebarsAttached

Tank

Quote from: NoHandlebarsAttached on March 27, 2016, 05:40:58 AM
Nnnnnope. :/
What do you want to change it to? Post here and and admin will change it for you.