News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on February 23, 2016, 01:39:21 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 22, 2016, 10:28:26 PM
Budhorse4, Bruno de la Pole, and Davin, are on my mind today.  :felix:

I is here I am,...decided to extend my trip north visiting my daughter and son-in-law by a couple days, just got back last night. Which means I didn't really take a longer vacation, but simply worked from their place rather than in the office, but it was still nice getting to see and spend more time with them.

Did some snowmobiling, ice fishing (Caught some N. Pike) and lots of hiking...here's a picture of the frozen lake. It rained during the night, so even though the lake was still frozen the rain pooled on top making it appear at times that we were walking on water, praise Jesus!

Sunday they had a folk festival at the old State Hospital, lots and lots of performers, and I actually got to perform a couple songs myself which was cool

This is our friend Rocky on the keyboard and accordion, and his friend who looks exactly like Neil Young. (Not sure if you can tell from the picture), they were really good.

So I understand that Mags got herself banned by Tank for a couple days? All I could think of when I read that was the song from Wizard of Oz.

We could change the words a bit, maybe:

Ding Dong the Witch is Banned, the Witch is banned, the Witch is Banned
Ding Dong the Hippie O' Witch is Banned!
Tank banned the Hippie O' Witch, the Hippie O' Witch, the Hippie O' Witch
Tank banned the Hippie O' Witchy Witch!

Just kidding Mags....hurry back. Te Amo!!!

I do hope you do something constructive with your time off Mags, like maybe learn how to make Tamales?

:hug2:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

OldGit

My phone line isn't supposed to be switched on until Friday (26th), but it's working my net connection OK!  It also dials phone calls out.  Interesting.

Mags, are you being naughty again?  Tut, tut!

Firebird

Maybe the old line hasn't been switched off yet? Either way, nice to see you're finally moving in!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Mags has asked for, and been granted, a 2 week vacation.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

OG! There you are! I've been wondering where you've been... ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 24, 2016, 02:33:53 PM

Just kidding Mags....hurry back. Te Amo!!!

I do hope you do something constructive with your time off Mags, like maybe learn how to make Tamales?

:hug2:

I know I'm curious to learn what could possibly be more interesting to her than us.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

Quote from: FirebirdMaybe the old line hasn't been switched off yet? Either way, nice to see you're finally moving in!

It's strange.  I checked the line when we first moved in, and it was dead.  Then when they told me what my new number will be, I checked again and it dials out using that new number.  If you dial in you get an announcement that it's not connected yet.  I suspect alien meddling with our telecoms.

Guardian85

So I got a job!
Now, don't get too excited. It's as a substitute. Means I only get called in when they have a shortage of manpower or someone gets sick. But it's better then nothing.

It's as a dormitory supervisor at the regional High School (the same one me and Asmo attended way back when). Since they have some academic programs that are not commonly available they are required to keep a dormitory for students who live too far away to take the bus every day. And you can't have a bunch of underage people living in a dorm without adult supervision, so....

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Firebird

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 25, 2016, 01:40:19 PM
So I got a job!
Now, don't get too excited. It's as a substitute. Means I only get called in when they have a shortage of manpower or someone gets sick. But it's better then nothing.

It's as a dormitory supervisor at the regional High School (the same one me and Asmo attended way back when). Since they have some academic programs that are not commonly available they are required to keep a dormitory for students who live too far away to take the bus every day. And you can't have a bunch of underage people living in a dorm without adult supervision, so....

Congrats! Hope the kids aren't a huge pain
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

At least you've got something, G85.  Good news!

Sandra Craft

So I got a job!

Congratulations!  As you say, better than nothing and who knows what else may turn up in the meantime?  Fingers crossed.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tom62

So I got a job!

Congratulations!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Congratulations Gman, glad to hear you are gainfully employed, and good luck with the new job.

Hopefully this should help keep you out of trouble,...but what is this about you and the Asmo attending the same school together? I kind of figured out you two new each other through the odd post here and there, but I didn't realize that you two went to school together.

Surely you could post some pictures of the two of you back in school?

I would love to see the Asmo's graduation picture, as I'm sure others here would love to see it...

Anyway I'm trying to join this gang, but they're not letting me in,...yet that is.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

Like I said, it is nothing to get too excited about. Probably only looking at the odd shift here and there, unless someone gets properly ill (and we wouldn't want that, now would we?  :devil2: ).
Certainly more "something to do every now and then" then "gainfully employed".

As for photos of me and the Asmo back then, I'm not sure I really have any. And I believe he was conspicuous only by his absence on picture day.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-