News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

^^ Bummer. Hopefully it can be mended.

Tylenol doesn't work, and therein lies the problem. I don't really want opioids for a number of reasons, primarily that BF was addicted to Oxy following his surgery and is generally of the "fuck it, just this once is fine" mentality. Plus the whole point in taking anything at all is that I'm incapacitated if I don't, and many opioids come with restrictions (like don't drive 40 miles down the Mass Pike while on this drug) that would kinda defeat the purpose.

Guardian85

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 20, 2016, 02:06:28 AM
^^ Bummer. Hopefully it can be mended.

Tylenol doesn't work, and therein lies the problem. I don't really want opioids for a number of reasons, primarily that BF was addicted to Oxy following his surgery and is generally of the "fuck it, just this once is fine" mentality. Plus the whole point in taking anything at all is that I'm incapacitated if I don't, and many opioids come with restrictions (like don't drive 40 miles down the Mass Pike while on this drug) that would kinda defeat the purpose.
Can't help you with the side effects of opiates. I'm not a medical genius after all.
But as for keeping the boyfriend off them a practical solution might be a lock box.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

Quote from: Crow on February 20, 2016, 12:38:52 AM
Quote from: Velma on February 20, 2016, 12:09:08 AM
Hope the Tylenol works. I also hope you can find a doctor to prescribe them if needed. The DEA has decided that opiods are evil and have gone overboard enforcing laws and regulations in some areas of the country. It has made some doctors and pharmacists a bit skiddish about opiods.

Ahh so that's your game. You don't really have all those woes do you! You are a smackhead hunting down your next fix on insurance. Clever, very clever.

* Note to insurance companies that may be lurking, that was a joke.
Oh no, I've been found out!

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: Velma on February 20, 2016, 04:00:18 AM
Quote from: Crow on February 20, 2016, 12:38:52 AM
Quote from: Velma on February 20, 2016, 12:09:08 AM
Hope the Tylenol works. I also hope you can find a doctor to prescribe them if needed. The DEA has decided that opiods are evil and have gone overboard enforcing laws and regulations in some areas of the country. It has made some doctors and pharmacists a bit skiddish about opiods.

Ahh so that's your game. You don't really have all those woes do you! You are a smackhead hunting down your next fix on insurance. Clever, very clever.

Oh no, I've been found out!

You guys need help transporting that stuff?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

MariaEvri

I;m thinking that if you try to force an introvert into being your friend or hang out with you, then you end up making him/her hate you
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Bad Penny

QuoteThe storm was carrying average winds of 230 kilometres per hour, with gusts of up to 325 kilometres per hour, Fiji's Meteorological Service said.

Ye that's sweet but not exceptional nowadays.
I wonder what we'll gust up to once we're +5.

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny on February 20, 2016, 02:56:29 PM
QuoteThe storm was carrying average winds of 230 kilometres per hour, with gusts of up to 325 kilometres per hour, Fiji's Meteorological Service said.

Makes me think of J.G. Ballard's first novel, The Wind from Nowhere. Not up to his later standard, but as one who appreciates his work, a necessary read.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

Quote from: Recusant on February 20, 2016, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny on February 20, 2016, 02:56:29 PM

Makes me think of J.G. Ballard's first novel, The Wind from Nowhere. Not up to his later standard, but as one who appreciates his work, a necessary read.

I've read the novel more than 40 years ago. The only thing I didn't like about it was that had a happy ending.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on February 20, 2016, 06:45:44 PM
The only thing I didn't like about it was that had a happy ending.

Well that isn't something you hear everyday!  :snicker:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 20, 2016, 11:34:27 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on February 20, 2016, 06:45:44 PM
The only thing I didn't like about it was that had a happy ending.

Well that isn't something you hear everyday!  :snicker:

Every one expects an happy ending, and that is what people almost always get. For me that makes a story too predictable, I like surprise endings.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on February 21, 2016, 08:14:13 AMEvery one expects an happy ending, and that is what people almost always get. For me that makes a story too predictable, I like surprise endings.

One of the reasons I liked "Fallen":)  << Fair warning, plot spoilers in the article, for those that haven't seen it, but might.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on February 21, 2016, 09:35:39 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on February 21, 2016, 08:14:13 AMEvery one expects an happy ending, and that is what people almost always get. For me that makes a story too predictable, I like surprise endings.

One of the reasons I liked "Fallen":)  << Fair warning, plot spoilers in the article, for those that haven't seen it, but might.

One of my favorite movies!  Love the ending.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

I haven't watched 'Fallen' but it's one of the reasons I liked 'The Others'.

IMDB (spoiler-free).

Some people said that they saw the ending coming, but I didn't.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Budhorse4, Bruno de la Pole, and Davin, are on my mind today.  :felix:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 22, 2016, 11:19:11 AM
I haven't watched 'Fallen' but it's one of the reasons I liked 'The Others'.

IMDB (spoiler-free).

Some people said that they saw the ending coming, but I didn't.

Another favorite, and I hardly ever see endings coming.  It's seems rather awful for me to always be able to see the ending coming -- it's nice to have a story surprise me.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany