News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Hello, not your typical..., My name is 'Magdalena' it's nice to meet you.  :computerwave:
You said you liked apes, but please tell me, do you like butterflies?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Cosmetology school eh? Haha been there, done that, dropped out because the one I went to was so shitty. Hope you do better than me.    :P I'm in school for medical imaging now and really enjoying it so I can't complain too much. I missed you too. Remembering all the threads we derailed was fun.

Got to take a trip across the pond to visit Tank in November. Siz and G85 tagged along. Many beers were had and good times enjoyed.

I also took over the position as resident HAF deity because the Asmo was failing to do his great and terrible duties.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on February 04, 2016, 07:57:12 PM
It is Jack Daniel. No, I'm not drunk. The distillery is in a dry county, which means that no alcohol can be sold inside the county.
Wait! What!?
Where is this place, exactly?

Dry County?

No alcohol?  :tumbleweed:

:sadcheer:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on February 09, 2016, 06:24:50 AM
Quote from: Davin on February 04, 2016, 07:57:12 PM
It is Jack Daniel. No, I'm not drunk. The distillery is in a dry county, which means that no alcohol can be sold inside the county.
Wait! What!?
Where is this place, exactly?

Dry County?

No alcohol?  :tumbleweed:

:sadcheer:

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

not your typical...

Quote from: Magdalena on February 09, 2016, 03:26:17 AM
Hello, not your typical..., My name is 'Magdalena' it's nice to meet you.  :computerwave:
You said you liked apes, but please tell me, do you like butterflies?

Nice to meet you too Mag. :D I love butterflies. They're so beautiful and unique. I've never seen two exactly identical butterflies. :)

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 09, 2016, 03:29:46 AM
Cosmetology school eh? Haha been there, done that, dropped out because the one I went to was so shitty. Hope you do better than me.    :P I'm in school for medical imaging now and really enjoying it so I can't complain too much. I missed you too. Remembering all the threads we derailed was fun.

Got to take a trip across the pond to visit Tank in November. Siz and G85 tagged along. Many beers were had and good times enjoyed.

I also took over the position as resident HAF deity because the Asmo was failing to do his great and terrible duties.

Wow. I really did miss a lot. Congrats on the new title. I'm so proud. Remember when we first got here and just started making post? Look at how far we've come. The school I'm in is a good one. I like it. Really wish I had know about that trip. It might have gotten me out of celebrating an anniversary. Glad you guys had fun though. :)
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Guardian85

Quote from: not your typical... on February 09, 2016, 11:18:47 PM

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 09, 2016, 03:29:46 AM

Wow. I really did miss a lot. Congrats on the new title. I'm so proud. Remember when we first got here and just started making post? Look at how far we've come. The school I'm in is a good one. I like it. Really wish I had know about that trip. It might have gotten me out of celebrating an anniversary. Glad you guys had fun though. :)
The only reasonable thing that could have made the trip better would have been more people (and more beer!).

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: not your typical... on February 09, 2016, 02:23:37 AM

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 04, 2016, 04:54:50 AM
Glad to see you again!  Esp. since we're short Xtians at the moment (poor Bruce has to deal with us on his own).
Haha. Sorry to say, poor Bruce is on his own. I gave up the whole God thing. Not really my delusion of choice anymore.

Alas for poor Bruce, his is a heavy burden.  Glad to see you back and thriving, NYT.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

I am definitely not using HAF to procrastinate on a summary essay. Nope, not at all.  :-X
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 11, 2016, 03:59:41 PM
I am definitely not using HAF to procrastinate on a summary essay. Nope, not at all.  :-X
Of course you're not!
Vital research,  this.  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

February 12, 1809
Today, 207 years ago, Charles Darwin was born.

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on February 12, 2016, 06:38:05 PM
February 12, 1809

And on the same day Dawkins had a stroke.
Retired member.

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on February 14, 2016, 02:32:59 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 12, 2016, 06:38:05 PM
February 12, 1809

And on the same day Dawkins had a stroke.

Biggus Dickus

This weekend was cold, with temperatures midday hovering around 10-14 F, but mostly clear and sunny with little to no wind. I was able to get out both Saturday and Sunday with Kahlua and do some hiking in the woods.
Saturday I didn't dress warm enough, and after two hours was quite frozen. Sunday I was dressed more appropriately, so it wasn't that bad.
Kahlua on the other hand isn't fazed at all by the cold, what with his thick, long hair. In fact Saturday when we got back home, and I rushed inside the house to thaw out, he stayed outside for another 30 minutes.
He's like a miniature grizzly bear. ;D

I was trying to get him to pose for a nice picture, but I think he was upset with me for dropping and spilling his water bottle.

Unfortunately this is about as much snow as we've had all winter down here. At least it has been cod for a while so the creek was frozen and flood plains were frozen. Allows us to cover more ground, plus I like to play tag with him on the ice, because he slides all over the place.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Harmonie

Aww Kahlua is adorable!

Hey, that's more snow than we've seen where I live all winter! We didn't even get a dusting! And next week we're supposed to almost hit 80. I'm soooo done with living in this place I can't even begin. Every single week we don't get any resemblance of a winter, I'm thinking of moving up to a state way up North for my Master's degree.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony