News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Biggus Dickus

I do not know this NYT person, do they like apes?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: not your typical... on February 04, 2016, 12:39:23 AM
It's been a while since I've been on here/ A lot has changed. I'm glad though. I missed it here. Glad to be back.

Glad to see you again!  Esp. since we're short Xtians at the moment (poor Bruce has to deal with us on his own).

Bruno, this is NYT.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Siz

It's been a while since I've been on here/ A lot has changed. I'm glad though. I missed it here. Glad to be back.

Hello again NYT. Did you finally manage to wipe away that last, lingering smear of Christianity that you used to drag around with you?

Edit: Apologies for the shit mixed metaphor!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Hello!!! Are you all growed up now?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Crow on February 03, 2016, 10:04:10 PM
Quote from: Davin on February 03, 2016, 08:24:14 PM
For six out of the last eight years, I've gotten sick during my Christmas to New Years break.

Holy crap your avatar looks exactly like somebody I know. I want to post a picture but it is a bit of a violation of their privacy.

I'd like to know what Davin's avatar is saying...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Siz on February 04, 2016, 09:34:21 AM
For six out of the last eight years, I've gotten sick during my Christmas to New Years break.

Holy crap your avatar looks exactly like somebody I know. I want to post a picture but it is a bit of a violation of their privacy.

I can read avatar lips, it's:

I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny

Davin

Is it me?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 04, 2016, 01:58:20 PM
Quote from: Siz on February 04, 2016, 09:34:21 AM

I can read avatar lips, it's:

I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny

That is it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on February 04, 2016, 02:13:23 PM

Is it me?

Not sure who the statue is of, but it sure looks like noted historian and writer Shelby Foote.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 03, 2016, 11:45:26 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 03, 2016, 02:01:43 PM
Thanks...how neat to have an artist in the family, have you posted their work on this site before?

Yep, but I can't remember where.  It may well be on this page but I can't remember it.  Here's an example of something he sent me for Xmas:

Yes I do remember seeing a similar styled artwork posted here in the past, I guess I didn't realize the artist was you brother. That's a nice piece.

Thanks-

Siz

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 04, 2016, 03:01:44 PM

Is it me?

Not sure who the statue is of, but it sure looks like noted historian and writer Shelby Foote.

I recon it's Mr Jack Daniels. Are you drunk Davin?

Davin

Quote from: Siz on February 04, 2016, 05:06:29 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 04, 2016, 03:01:44 PM

Is it me?
http://i.imgur.com/ELJb69U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Trqofc1.jpg

I recon it's Mr Jack Daniels. Are you drunk Davin?
It is Jack Daniel. No, I'm not drunk. The distillery is in a dry county, which means that no alcohol can be sold inside the county.

Siz

...Only in America!

Good work on the avatar!

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 04, 2016, 01:01:34 AM

OMG hi!!!!! How are you doing these days?

I'm decent. In cosmetology school right now, and it's more like a job than school. A job that gives you 9 months of training and shitty tips. How are you? I missed you so much!  ;D
Quote from: Icarus on February 04, 2016, 02:21:15 AM
Glad you are back NYT.
Glad to be back.

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 04, 2016, 03:12:50 AM
I do not know this NYT person, do they like apes?
Hi Bruno. I do like apes actually.  :D

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 04, 2016, 04:54:50 AM
Glad to see you again!  Esp. since we're short Xtians at the moment (poor Bruce has to deal with us on his own).
Quote from: Siz on February 04, 2016, 07:33:02 AM

Hello again NYT. Did you finally manage to wipe away that last, lingering smear of Christianity that you used to drag around with you?

Edit: Apologies for the shit mixed metaphor!
Haha. Sorry to say, poor Bruce is on his own. I gave up the whole God thing. Not really my delusion of choice anymore. Gotta stay grounded in other things at the moment. But it's good to know that this place is still alive and thriving. I thought about coming back a few times, but decided to wait til I was in a better place.

Quote from: Tank on February 04, 2016, 08:14:02 AM
Hello!!! Are you all growed up now?

Lol. If you mean am I finally an adult, not really, but I gave up playing with imaginary friends, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.  ;)
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.