News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Quote from: Tank on January 19, 2016, 10:14:22 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 19, 2016, 06:39:21 PM
So for the English class I am taking I have to write an essay reviewing either a restaurant or movie. I decided to write about that Korean place we went to in Leeds and looking at the pictures on articles makes me want to go back there so bad.
That was a seriously fun night.

Morning, not so fun!

Make sure you mention the superb manageress with a keen eye for beauty, Buddy.

I'm looking forward to a Korean blowout this weekend for date-night. Salivating at the thought!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Quote from: Siz on January 21, 2016, 01:56:11 AM
So for the English class I am taking I have to write an essay reviewing either a restaurant or movie. I decided to write about that Korean place we went to in Leeds and looking at the pictures on articles makes me want to go back there so bad.

Morning, not so fun!

I'm looking forward to a Korean blowout this weekend for date-night. Salivating at the thought!

You're right. I should write about how the restaurant does charity work by hiring the blind. :P
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 21, 2016, 03:47:07 AM

Morning, not so fun!

You're right. I should write about how the restaurant does charity work by hiring the blind. :P
Zingggggg!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 21, 2016, 03:47:07 AM

Morning, not so fun!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 20, 2016, 10:06:47 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 20, 2016, 01:34:51 PM

What's the job your interviewing for?
It is a janitor and fire safety officer position for a company running a refugee center in this area.
It is only a half position, but it would at least give me something to do.

Interview went pretty well, by the way.

So when do you figure out if you got the job?

I also have a job interview this weekend at Petsmart for a part time job taking care of the reptiles and fish. Here's hoping that I get it because it's actually a job I know how to do.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

This Saturday is National Pie Day here in the US, and there is no better place to be than in Michigan to celebrate it because if you visit one of the Grand Traverse Pie Company locations on Saturday you can get a free slice of pie with a purchase.

So I'll be heading out to Ann Arbor this Saturday to purchase a pie in honor of National Pie Day, and get a free slice...

This is their Michigan Honey Pie, made with Northern Michigan Spy Apples, and using only local ingredients, including Star Thistle Honey, which is also produced here in Michigan at the Sleeping Bear Farms in Beulah.

Michigan Honey Pie

I post this with the hope that all of you reading this will be insanely jealous and envious of me come this Saturday ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 21, 2016, 02:34:24 PM
This Saturday is National Pie Day here in the US, and there is no better place to be than in Michigan to celebrate it because if you visit one of the Grand Traverse Pie Company locations on Saturday you can get a free slice of pie with a purchase.

So I'll be heading out to Ann Arbor this Saturday to purchase a pie in honor of National Pie Day, and get a free slice...

This is their Michigan Honey Pie, made with Northern Michigan Spy Apples, and using only local ingredients, including Star Thistle Honey, which is also produced here in Michigan at the Sleeping Bear Farms in Beulah.

Michigan Honey Pie

I post this with the hope that all of you reading this will be insanely jealous and envious of me come this Saturday ;D

...BRB driving to Michigan.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 21, 2016, 02:02:55 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on January 20, 2016, 10:06:47 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 20, 2016, 01:34:51 PM

What's the job your interviewing for?
It is a janitor and fire safety officer position for a company running a refugee center in this area.
It is only a half position, but it would at least give me something to do.

Interview went pretty well, by the way.

So when do you figure out if you got the job?

I also have a job interview this weekend at Petsmart for a part time job taking care of the reptiles and fish. Here's hoping that I get it because it's actually a job I know how to do.
Should know by the end of the month. There were only 5 applicants, so decent odds.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 21, 2016, 02:44:13 PM

Should know by the end of the month. There were only 5 applicants, so decent odds.

Fingers crossed. You should be decently qualified for the job at least.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

I feel like Facebook is a great tool to figure out who not to interact with because I am finding out that an alarming number of people that I graduated with are literally white supremacists.

Claireliontamer

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 22, 2016, 10:53:51 PM
Anyone fancy giving me £4million to buy a Yorkshire castle....http://www.uklandandfarms.co.uk/rural-property-for-sale/yorkshire/north-yorkshire/53812_yor150291/#

I'd let you stay ;)
No. But I tell you what. How about pretending we have £4 million and go for a viewing just for a lark? I bet we'd get free champaign!

Given what you'd get for that amount of money in London that's one hell of a bargain!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on January 23, 2016, 06:28:38 AM
Anyone fancy giving me £4million to buy a Yorkshire castle....http://www.uklandandfarms.co.uk/rural-property-for-sale/yorkshire/north-yorkshire/53812_yor150291/#

I'd let you stay ;)
No. But I tell you what. How about pretending we have £4 million and go for a viewing just for a lark? I bet we'd get free champaign!

Given what you'd get for that amount of money in London that's one hell of a bargain!

That thought had crossed my mind but I doubt I could pull it off!

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 23, 2016, 09:27:48 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 23, 2016, 06:28:38 AM

I'd let you stay ;)

That thought had crossed my mind but I doubt I could pull it off!

Go to a charity shop and buy some good quality but well worn tweed, borrow a beat up family car from the 70's or 80's that looks like it needs a lot of work doing, lengthen out your vowels when speaking and have slightly scruffy hair like you combed it but that was about it. You could pass for aristocracy, though I assume the sellers are looking for somebody with money instead.
Retired member.