News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Thea is getting a tank upgrade. I bought her a new tank that is twice as big as her old one. I go pick it up on Sunday. I also made her a new hide with a stone top to sit under her heat lamp. I'll take pictures when I get everything set up.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Retired member.

Buddy

So for the English class I am taking I have to write an essay reviewing either a restaurant or movie. I decided to write about that Korean place we went to in Leeds and looking at the pictures on articles makes me want to go back there so bad.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Pasta Chick

I saw the possessed puppy again. It seems that demonic activity was captured on a nanny cam, and thought to be a reason for the dog's odd behavior. The dog itself was not exorcised, but the home was and he dog needed to be present for that. I didn't push the conversation because as a medical facility we really can't talk about these things, especially in relation to a pet's treatment.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 19, 2016, 06:39:21 PM
So for the English class I am taking I have to write an essay reviewing either a restaurant or movie. I decided to write about that Korean place we went to in Leeds and looking at the pictures on articles makes me want to go back there so bad.
That was a seriously fun night.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

I'd be interested to see what you write about it. Want someone to proof-read?

As for myself, I have to get up stupid early for an unemployed man tomorrow. Have to drive my mother to work so I can use her car throughout the day (for those of you not paying attention my own is in the shop bleeding money). Have a job interview tomorrow.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Claireliontamer

Velma

Thanks to my company's contract with the Department of Defense, I got a $1.73 (US) an hour raise last week!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on January 20, 2016, 05:10:00 AM
Thanks to my company's contract with the Department of Defense, I got a $1.73 (US) an hour raise last week!
Woot! Have they got a job for G85?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on January 20, 2016, 06:12:27 AM
Wouldn't mind moving out of country for the right job.  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Davin

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 19, 2016, 09:55:58 PM
I saw the possessed puppy again. It seems that demonic activity was captured on a nanny cam, and thought to be a reason for the dog's odd behavior. The dog itself was not exorcised, but the home was and he dog needed to be present for that. I didn't push the conversation because as a medical facility we really can't talk about these things, especially in relation to a pet's treatment.
I'd like to see the video... but it's most likely just a regular puppy misbehaving.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

That's good news Velma, congratulations. Hey Everyone, drinks are on Velma!

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 20, 2016, 07:00:31 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 20, 2016, 06:12:27 AM
Wouldn't mind moving out of country for the right job.  ;)

What's the job your interviewing for?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Maybe Calvin can help?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Davin on January 20, 2016, 01:26:44 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 19, 2016, 09:55:58 PM
I'd like to see the video... but it's most likely just a regular puppy misbehaving.

I believe there is something wrong with the dog - we actually did get a lead for further testing, which is progress! Nothing conclusive, but I'm guessing not demons.

Oddly enough, not the first time I've heard this as an explanation for strange behavior. Last time was at a training facility. We had an owner whose timing was atrocious, and the owner was obsessed with flashy props which is usually detrimental to the dogs learning, so the dog did basically nothing in class. The one day claimed to have had a revalation as to why the dog wasn't doing well. Thinking she had realized her faults, we were excited. Then she tells us, "there seems to be a ghost in the building, and we (her and the dog) are afraid of ghosts." We openly laughed that time. Then we realized she was serious.

Guardian85

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 20, 2016, 01:34:51 PM

What's the job your interviewing for?
It is a janitor and fire safety officer position for a company running a refugee center in this area.
It is only a half position, but it would at least give me something to do.

Interview went pretty well, by the way.

-Unknown Smartass-