Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 01, 2016, 03:25:11 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 01, 2016, 01:15:32 AM
Guardian85, you look good!   :smilenod:
Damn straight!  8)

I think it's the trillby that makes it.
Nope, you just got good looking chakras.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Finally! It's my turn to say...

:frolic:

OldGit

Claireliontamer

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Claireliontamer

Why do retired people who have all week to get stuff done bother to go to the post office on a Saturday morning when it's really busy and so make it even busier.  When I'm retired I'm going to post things at 2pm on a Thursday afternoon when the post office is probably dead. 

jumbojak

Is that before or after you send me off to the home?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 02, 2016, 11:31:39 AM
Why do retired people who have all week to get stuff done bother to go to the post office on a Saturday morning when it's really busy and so make it even busier.  When I'm retired I'm going to post things at 2pm on a Thursday afternoon when the post office is probably dead.

I have jokingly suggested retired folk should be banned from leaving their homes during certain hours of the day of the week. Specifically morning and afternoon rush hours and lunchtime during the work week. They should also not be allowed in the banks, post offices, etc... on Saturdays.

One time I'm in a real hurry to get my son to a soccer game on a Saturday, but first I need to go to both the bank and post office. I get to the bank and there is an retired guy in front of me with the only teller not working the drive thru. He's talking about every little thing under the sun (Mainly the latest health issues he suffering from), all the while they try to determine why his checking account isn't balanced, it's off like a dollar fifty.
Finally after what seemed like hours he finishes and it's my turn...I get my banking done and run to the post office, and who do you think is in front of me? Same guy...he's buying a book of stamps, but he needs to see an example of every single style of stamp available from the US Postal Service, as if anyone freaking cares what the stamp looks like on an envelope they receive from this guy.

I'm behind him in line screaming insanely inside my head, "Just take any book you son of bitch and let me take care of my business".

He finally made his choice, bought his book of stamp and walked out...as he passed me I politely nodded hello, and smiled at him.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

jumbojak

Visit Williamsburg Bruno. They are everywhere and take forever every day of the week.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Crow

The weather this winter has been so bizarre this year. I can only think of a handful of days where it has felt like it was going to get cold, then as soon as it got cold it has become warm again. If it wasn't for the rain it would have been perfect.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

I hate the night before going back to work after a holiday. Lots of nervous/anxious/excited energy. Hmmph.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 04, 2016, 10:29:46 PM
I hate the night before going back to work after a holiday. Lots of nervous/anxious/excited energy. Hmmph.

Yeah I had trouble falling asleep last night for the same reason, now I'm tired as crap and still here at the office.

Which is why I like this Tom guy.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Essie Mae

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 02, 2016, 11:31:39 AM

:argue:  I guess you'll be telling us the times of day we can post on HAF next.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare