News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2015, 12:06:41 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2015, 10:16:19 PM
I'm just saving your face from disaster.  ;D
:rofl:
I am happy you are amused at my expence. I shall remember this....   ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Crow

Well talking bout shaving and messing up your face that what I did this morning. I had been lazy and let my facial hair grow out which was covering some blemishes I didn't know were there, as I use a DE razor and it just sliced off the blemishes without even noticing until there was a lot of blood. Now I have three scabs on my face.
Retired member.

OldGit

Crow

Retired member.

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 09, 2015, 06:24:25 PM
Well, I arrived back home in the cold north last Saturday and have finally gotten mostly settled in. Liberated my old room from the clutches of my absent youngest brother, moved all his shit out and got my stuff mostly sorted.

So now I am a 30 year old, single, unemployed, bearded gamer living in his mom's basement.  >:( I hate being a stereotype......

I just moved all of my stuff out of my dorm and back home. We can be adults who still live with their parents together.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 11, 2015, 02:06:43 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on December 09, 2015, 06:24:25 PM
Well, I arrived back home in the cold north last Saturday and have finally gotten mostly settled in. Liberated my old room from the clutches of my absent youngest brother, moved all his shit out and got my stuff mostly sorted.

So now I am a 30 year old, single, unemployed, bearded gamer living in his mom's basement.  >:( I hate being a stereotype......

I just moved all of my stuff out of my dorm and back home. We can be adults who still live with their parents together.
Sounds like the makings of a plan.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

This morning I was telling my stepdad that when I move out I wanted to get another cat so Lilith wouldn't be lonely.

This afternoon the Rottweiler brought a kitten to our doorstep. This is not what I meant Universe.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 11, 2015, 06:33:15 PM
This morning I was telling my stepdad that when I move out I wanted to get another cat so Lilith wouldn't be lonely.

This afternoon the Rottweiler brought a kitten to our doorstep. This is not what I meant Universe.
That is not what you thought you meant.  ;D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

Kitty will be going to a good home tonight. A lady contacted me after I posted an ad on Craigslist saying that she was looking for a kitten since her kids just moved out.

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 11, 2015, 06:33:15 PM

See? There is a god!!

;)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Claireliontamer

I've been in hospital for the past two days and it's just hit me how ill I have actually been. I was admitted with severe abdominal pain and a dangerously low blood pressure. Turns out I have septicaemia (blood poisoning) and at one point I was in the resuscitation section of the hospital. Now I'm scared retrospectively about what could have happened!

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 12, 2015, 07:37:42 AM
I've been in hospital for the past two days and it's just hit me how ill I have actually been. I was admitted with severe abdominal pain and a dangerously low blood pressure. Turns out I have septicaemia (blood poisoning) and at one point I was in the resuscitation section of the hospital. Now I'm scared retrospectively about what could have happened!
Gosh! Are you in hospital now? Or back home yet?

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on December 12, 2015, 07:41:34 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 12, 2015, 07:37:42 AM
Gosh! Are you in hospital now? Or back home yet?

Still in as on iv antibiotics still. At least I'm on a normal ward instead of the acute medicine one now.