News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 02, 2015, 01:33:27 AM
Quote from: Velma on November 01, 2015, 11:43:08 PM
Back to work tomorrow - two weeks after injuring my knee. Pretty confident about getting around in the wheelchair, except for doors. I'm sure someone will help me since I am apparently exceedingly well-liked at work.

Of course you are!  Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case what the hell is wrong with them?  Congrats on getting the upper hand with the wheel chair.
Thanks. No, not being sarcastic. One of my co-workers was telling me that people from all over the building were asking about me.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on November 02, 2015, 03:31:04 AM
One of my co-workers was telling me that people from all over the building were asking about me.

That helps a lot, even if the job itself stinks.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Back to work tomorrow - two weeks after injuring my knee. Pretty confident about getting around in the wheelchair, except for doors. I'm sure someone will help me since I am apparently exceedingly well-liked at work.

Of course you are!  Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case what the hell is wrong with them?  Congrats on getting the upper hand with the wheel chair.
Thanks. No, not being sarcastic. One of my co-workers was telling me that people from all over the building were asking about me.
Well that's very nice to know and no surprise to me at all :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on November 02, 2015, 06:45:17 AM

Well that's very nice to know and no surprise to me at all :)
:blush:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Every time I cook, I use peppers. I make red salsa, green salsa, salsa ranchera. I stuff them, roast them, etc. I use these peppers most of the time:
Jalapeno
Serrano
Chile de arbor
Japones
Pasilla
California
Habanero
Campana
Pimento
Bell pepper
Anaheim
Poblano
Guajillo
Chile Pequin

Yesterday, I wanted to use a new pepper, so I googled it. I thought I had seen all of them, but I was wrong. Meet the Peter Pepper:
WARNING
FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES, ONLY:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I wouldn't have the heart to mince, dice or chop it. I would probably just leave it as it is on the side of the plate...you know, as a decoration.  :-\

So many strange things in nature, take a look at these strange beauties.  :-[

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Quote from: Magdalena on November 06, 2015, 06:09:55 PM
Every time I cook, I use peppers. I make red salsa, green salsa, salsa ranchera. I stuff them, roast them, etc. I use these peppers most of the time:
Jalapeno
Serrano
Chile de arbor
Japones
Pasilla
California
Habanero
Campana
Pimento
Bell pepper
Anaheim
Poblano
Guajillo
Chile Pequin

Yesterday, I wanted to use a new pepper, so I googled it. I thought I had seen all of them, but I was wrong. Meet the Peter Pepper:
WARNING
FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES, ONLY:

I wouldn't have the heart to mince, dice or chop it. I would probably just leave it as it is on the side of the plate...you know, as a decoration.  :-\

So many strange things in nature, take a look at these strange beauties.  :-[

I hear celebrity chef Richard Peter Johnson uses these to make his famous sausage 'n peppers. They say there is a cream sauce that is cranked out by hand to accompany it.

Magdalena

^^^
Sorry, I've never heard of him. But you know who I couldn't get enough of when he had a show? Jacques Pépin.  :smilenod:

He is an internationally recognized French chef and television personality.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I was waiting in a queue to pay some bills today and a woman behind me got a a phone call from her boyfriend. At first I didn't pay that much attention, but my peace was interrupted when she started yelling at the phone. Oh, joy. ::) Voices got louder until eventually everyone within a 10 meter radius could undoubtedly hear both sides of the conversation. He was breaking up with her. The hysterical shouting, cursing and name calling must have lasted for at least 15 minutes. :argue:

Argh.  :slapfight:

My ears are still ringing.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Mags, those peppers imply that the Rabbi did an inadequate job.

Magdalena

MariaEvri

even though we're told it's a cyprus-israel exercise, having fighters fly low over the city even at night can make one nervous
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 09, 2015, 09:25:30 PM
I was waiting in a queue to pay some bills today and a woman behind me got a a phone call from her boyfriend. At first I didn't pay that much attention, but my peace was interrupted when she started yelling at the phone. Oh, joy. ::) Voices got louder until eventually everyone within a 10 meter radius could undoubtedly hear both sides of the conversation. He was breaking up with her. The hysterical shouting, cursing and name calling must have lasted for at least 15 minutes. :argue:

Holy crap.  How on earth can this not be the one thing you want to do in person and in private?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

Quote from: MariaEvrieven though we're told it's a cyprus-israel exercise, having fighters fly low over the city even at night can make one nervous

And they certainly wake you up!  Still, I reckon military co-operation is a good thing in the present situation.

MariaEvri

yea  I reckon too I guess,

On another annoying note, it seems we'll be spending christmas with t-shirts.
I hate summer where are you winterrrrr??
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 11, 2015, 08:09:02 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 09, 2015, 09:25:30 PM

Holy crap.  How on earth can this not be the one thing you want to do in person and in private?

I know, right?  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey