News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on October 24, 2015, 09:47:52 AM
I'm getting ready to set the usual landmines to deter trick-or-treat assaults.  Pip is the problem this year - if I set the trigger pressures heavy enough for her not to set them off, some of the smaller children will escape.  Any ideas?

Ideas...it would make a good Halloween styled tower defense game. Taking inspiration from one of my favourites: 

[youtube width=700]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHAbHz8iYHc[/youtube]

[youtube width=700]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go4cNT3uUlk[/youtube]

I suggest tying something onto Pip's back and the dog could be a mobile unit - the caninary.  ???  Mutant plants might be a little difficult to come by but it's not a problem a little ingenuity can't fix.

( :P This must be symptomatic of the Plants Vs. Zombies Effect, a pea-hurling version of the  Tetris Effect )
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Velma on October 24, 2015, 12:11:29 PM
I really shouldn't be all that surprised, but I have discovered that trying to walk one foot in front of the other with the walker isn't working for me. What works it a more crab-like sideways walk. It is still exceedingly slow and tiring, but not nearly as painful.

It sucks that you're in pain, Velma.  :( Good thing you found a less painful way of walking though...

Velma

Physical therapist just left. I'm feeling better about being at home. She pulled a cushion from the other couch, put it on the recliner love seat that I've been sitting on, and told me to try sitting on that. It makes it much easier to stand up. It also takes pressure off my knee when I get tired of sitting with it propped up. Amazing what a difference such a small change can make.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Velma on October 24, 2015, 05:26:42 PM
Physical therapist just left. I'm feeling better about being at home. She pulled a cushion from the other couch, put it on the recliner love seat that I've been sitting on, and told me to try sitting on that. It makes it much easier to stand up. It also takes pressure off my knee when I get tired of sitting with it propped up. Amazing what a difference such a small change can make.

Glad your home Velma, it's the best place in the world to recover from just about anything...good luck, and hope you recover quickly.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Bruno, what's going on with your dogs?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 24, 2015, 07:28:46 PM

I don't have any dogs Tank. Or if your are inquiring did we get one recently, no we haven't...

Velma

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 24, 2015, 05:52:27 PM

Glad your home Velma, it's the best place in the world to recover from just about anything...good luck, and hope you recover quickly.
She also suggested a couple of purchases for the bathroom - a raised toilet seat and a shower chair. Now I'm far less stressed about using the toilet and taking a shower.

Monday morning I have an appointment with an orthopedist.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 24, 2015, 10:19:33 PM

I don't have any dogs Tank. Or if your are inquiring did we get one recently, no we haven't...
That's what I was talking about. Do you still see your neighbours dog.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 06:48:34 AM

Yes I do all the time, we are housing him for a couple weeks while his family is away, why do you ask?

Tank

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 25, 2015, 03:14:40 PM

Yes I do all the time, we are housing him for a couple weeks while his family is away, why do you ask?
Just curious. Wasn't there some possibility of the owners moving away and you getting your own dog?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2015, 05:56:15 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 25, 2015, 03:14:40 PM

Just curious. Wasn't there some possibility of the owners moving away and you getting your own dog?

Yes there is a good possibility they will move away next year, however. Houses at this time in our neighborhood aren't selling well so they may stay longer than first anticipated.
I would love my own dog, but my wife is less eager for us to get our own. So who knows.

Essie Mae

Glad to hear that Velma - hope your recovery from here on in is speedy and pain-free.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Velma

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 25, 2015, 08:03:03 PM

Glad to hear that Velma - hope your recovery from here on in is speedy and pain-free.
Thanks. Essie Mae. Monday I have an appointment to see an orthopedist. I'm hoping that will be good news.

xSilverPhinx

I had the weirdest dream last night. Unlike most of my dreams, the world wasn't any different, as in all the same basic scientific laws applied, but the main means of transportation consisted of riding smelly guinea pigs that were the size of minivans and that could and usually did hold entire conversations with you. I rented an albino guinea pig and rode it to the shopping mall to shop for Christmas gifts, tied it up and spent what seemed like hours trying to convince it to stop talking to it's guinea pig neighbours (I don't know why though, I didn't think it was even a little weird when I was dreaming it).   

[youtube width=500]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfXc_OMDshU[/youtube]

:???: 

I would love to gain some insight into how brains come up with these weird kinds of associations.

Edited to fix smiley.