News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I know how you feel, Bruno de la Pole. Tank convinced me to join the "Facebook HAF lifeboat." I created a sorta "fake account" to keep my privacy. You can do something like that just to keep connected to everyone here in a more private and intimate way.  ;)

No, Bruno de la Pole, "more private and intimate"
...does not mean "get a room."  :P

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on October 14, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
I know how you feel, Bruno de la Pole. Tank convinced me to join the "Facebook HAF lifeboat." I created a sorta "fake account" to keep my privacy. You can do something like that just to keep connected to everyone here in a more private and intimate way.  ;)

Tank didn't try to convince me to join the facebook, when I told him I wasn't on the facebook he said, "Jolly good, I mean oh' that's to bad Bruno. Well I'll tell the folks you said hi, throw in an expletive here and there to make it sound like you, carry on".

Sorry Mags, I would love to be more private and intimate with you (I got your meaning, hint, hint :P), but I can't do the facebook... :'(

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 14, 2015, 09:20:09 PM

Tank didn't try to convince me to join the facebook, when I told him I wasn't on the facebook he said, "Jolly good, I mean oh' that's to bad Bruno. Well I'll tell the folks you said hi, throw in an expletive here and there to make it sound like you, carry on".

Tank said to me, "Bloody hell, what the hell?" He took me by the hand and he guided me over there. He's so sweet.

Sorry Mags, I would love to be more private and intimate with you (I got your meaning, hint, hint :P), but I can't do the facebook... :'(
EWWWW!!......EWWWW!!!...EWWWW!!......EWWWW!!!
AND EWWWWWWW!!

Oh! And I'm sorry Tank doesn't like you.  :P

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on October 14, 2015, 10:06:12 PM

Tank said to me, "Bloody hell, what the hell?" He took me by the hand and he guided me over there. He's so sweet.

EWWWW!!......EWWWW!!!...EWWWW!!......EWWWW!!!
AND EWWWWWWW!!

Oh! And I'm sorry Tank doesn't like you.  :P

Magdalena

Magdalena

Recusant

I'd have no problem splitting this off into a GIF-rich thread of its own, if you folks would like.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on October 14, 2015, 11:54:34 PM
I'd have no problem splitting this off into a GIF-rich thread of its own, if you folks would like.  :)

That's OK Recusant we already have such a thread and will move our butts there....but please may the records show that it was Mags who dropped the first Gif?

Recusant

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 15, 2015, 12:00:49 AM

That's OK Recusant we already have such a thread and will move our butts there....but please may the records show that it was Mags who dropped the first Gif?

Heheheh, if we manage to create a custom smiley set, we'll definitely need this one. >>
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on October 15, 2015, 12:37:56 AM

Heheheh, if we manage to create a custom smiley set, we'll definitely need this one. >>

That's it.  >:(
I am never, ever, ever posting another GIF around here.

Go ahead, have a party, now all of you have something to celebrate.  >:(

From now on I'll throw "emoticon" parties...ONLY!  >:(

:P

I mean it.  :(

You guys want to cut my wings, go ahead....I don't care....anymore.  :'(  ....that much.  :(

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on October 15, 2015, 01:13:48 AM
Quote from: Recusant on October 15, 2015, 12:37:56 AM

That's it.  >:(
I am never, ever, ever posting another GIF around here.

Go ahead, have a party, now all of you have something to celebrate.  >:(

From now on I'll throw "emoticon" parties...ONLY!  >:(

:P

I mean it.  :(

You guys want to cut my wings, go ahead....I don't care....anymore.  :'(  ....that much.  :(

Imagine if you will a gif. Of both shadow and substance placed here, and it plays: (Best if read aloud, mimicking Rod Serling)

In the parlance of the twenty-first century, this is what is known as a friend. Her name is Magdalena, her tastes lean toward stuffed animals, zither music, professional rugby, Sylvia Plath, Luis Miguel, carnivals, dogs, children, box wine and dancing. Magdalena is a bit accident prone, perhaps at times rather buoyant and lighthearted, perhaps even beatific, but with a life that possesses all the joy and wonder of an all night party. And this can be said of our Magdalena, that without her, without her warmth, without her kindness, the world would be a considerably poorer place, albeit perhaps a little saner, and with many less gifs.

;D
Just having fun Mags!

Icarus

Poor Buddy.  Be nice to the delusional fellow. Just because you are clearly more intelligent, you need not bust his chops. We know that you have compassion and love for less than human creatures.  For that, you are a sweet heart. ..............Or on the other hand, you can inform him that he is royally fucked up with his imaginary friend in Jesus or Mohammed or , whomever.  In either case make him pick up the tab for the coffee.

This could be interesting. Get back to us and tell us how it went Buddy.

Aside: Yesterday my door bell rang. the uninvited visitors were two neatly dressed young men, both about 19 years old. You guessed it; they were LDS fellows who came to share the marvelous revelations of the Morman church. They seemed to be flabbergasted by an old man who knew about the golden plates from upstate New York, rocks in a hat, the two tribes, the sojourns of Jesus, and some of that other horse patootie.  I told them that they were doing what they were doing and believing what they were believing because they were required to do so, not because they had even a scintilla of evidence to support their beliefs. I was so considerate of them that I did not use the term; brainwashed. One of them insisted that he had communicated with God and that was all that he needed. I encouraged him to discontinue the use of psychedelic drugs. I swear that I was nice to them. One of them did leave with tears in his eyes and hopefully something to think about such as how he actually became a Morman or member of any other religious body.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Buddy

And the drama continues! Today I opened the door to my apartment and sitting on the floor is a stuffed owl with a note on it. The note had a poem that read:

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
My date was perfect
Because it was with you."

What. The. Fuck. I don't even know any more.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.