News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Firebird on July 26, 2012, 05:37:04 PM
Source please? I haven't seen anything saying that.

Windows RT is the closed version making the OS more like iOS, Windows 8 is the basic version for the home market and contains the Windows marketplace so it is like OSX minus the bells and whistles, the main difference is that Windows 8 has been built around the marketplace whereas the mac app store is easily to ignore. You then have the Pro and Enterprise versions.

I'm neither pro Mac or pro PC (I prefer mac) but I think its silly that Windows are moving away from there strongest selling point.
Retired member.

Amicale

Got caught in the rain today. Made the mistake of wearing slippery shoes (which got even more slippery when wet), then walked across a slippery floor a bit too quickly. Did a crazy arms flailing dance in order to right myself.  :D At least the people in that store were amused at my slippery antics.

Bet I'm the only person in this entire thread to use the word 'slippery' so often in one post, up until now.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on July 26, 2012, 10:41:38 PM
Got caught in the rain today. Made the mistake of wearing slippery shoes (which got even more slippery when wet), then walked across a slippery floor a bit too quickly. Did a crazy arms flailing dance in order to right myself.  :D At least the people in that store were amused at my slippery antics.

Bet I'm the only person in this entire thread to use the word 'slippery' so often in one post, up until now.  ;D
Mmmmmm slippery!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2012, 10:50:33 PM
Quote from: Amicale on July 26, 2012, 10:41:38 PM

Mmmmmm slippery!

A 1958 Archival video - "The Saga of Slippery the Seal". http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/english/on-line-exhibits/cfpl/videos/1958/8.aspx

Very amusing.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Buddy

No matter how bad my day has been, Flight of the Conchords always makes me laugh.

Really? How did I not see that typo intil now?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 26, 2012, 11:08:14 PM
No matter how bad my has been, Flight of the Conchords always makes me laugh.
Your what has been?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

En_Route

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 27, 2012, 11:28:01 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 26, 2012, 11:08:14 PM
No matter how bad my has been, Flight of the Conchords always makes me laugh.
Your what has been?

Talking eggplant?
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

The Magic Pudding

The mother of all battles is expected by some in Syria.
Odd that, I'm sure there was a mother of all battles in Iraq not that long ago.
There had been lots of battles through history before these two mothers.
Maybe they have a belief in circular time or a funny concept of motherhood.

Asmodean

So... Who is betting on what?

Me, I think it can go either way, but I'd like to see government forces win this one. I always cheer for the government forces.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on July 27, 2012, 02:16:49 PM
So... Who is betting on what?

Me, I think it can go either way, but I'd like to see government forces win this one. I always cheer for the government forces.
Unless you're the other guy, right?  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

I think you fellows over in England have misplaced your weather. We'll be happy to look after it for a while. ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 27, 2012, 02:12:04 PM
The mother of all battles is expected by some in Syria.
Odd that, I'm sure there was a mother of all battles in Iraq not that long ago.
There had been lots of battles through history before these two mothers.
Maybe they have a belief in circular time or a funny concept of motherhood.

One must surely be the grandmother of all battles then.

If I had a mother who threw me in the water and expected me to learn how to swim in less than a minute, I would call her 'Battle'. ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

The Olympic opening ceremony is going on and is really good. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on July 27, 2012, 11:08:31 PM

I thought so to, in fact I thoroughly enjoyed it. Finally a public ceremony that I enjoyed.
Retired member.

Amicale

Quote from: Crow on July 28, 2012, 12:59:40 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 27, 2012, 11:08:31 PM

I thought so to, in fact I thoroughly enjoyed it. Finally a public ceremony that I enjoyed.

I enjoyed it also. Particularly that little bit with Rowan Atkinson at the piano and on the beach.  :D

And man, was the choreography good in general for all the stage stuff!