News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on July 24, 2012, 04:42:25 PM
Buddy, I'm way behind with this one, but congratulations on finding a home for Vinnie.

Thank you, and thanks to everyone else for the well wishes. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. They even said that I could visit him any time, if I wish.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 24, 2012, 10:05:40 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 24, 2012, 08:42:08 AM
By George, what's the basic science behind Rorschach?

Lepidopterology

I don't see butterfies when I look at those smudges. :D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Do Starbucks run some sort of travel scheme? As every Starbucks I have been to in the last few months all seem to have a workforce that is entirely American.

On the subject of American tourists they are everywhere at the moment! The Olympics seems to be pretty successful in drawing people in, but the Olympics are in the south east, not the north west though to be fair I would say half of those I have spoke to have been asking how to catch the train to Euston station.
Retired member.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Crow on July 25, 2012, 08:49:19 PMOn the subject of American tourists they are everywhere at the moment! The Olympics seems to be pretty successful in drawing people in, but the Olympics are in the south east, not the north west though to be fair I would say half of those I have spoke to have been asking how to catch the train to Euston station.

I own Euston Road and I have four houses on it, tell them they'll owe me $400 if they dawdle. If they are looking for a nice place to stay I have a hotel on Mayfair.

hismikeness

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 26, 2012, 12:56:32 AM
I own Euston Road and I have four houses on it, tell them they'll owe me $400 if they dawdle. If they are looking for a nice place to stay I have a hotel on Mayfair.

That's Vermont Ave in the States. Mayfair is Boardwalk.

Truth be told: I didn't know that Monopoly had regional street names. That's my something new for the day!
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: hismikeness on July 26, 2012, 04:12:20 AM

Truth be told: I didn't know that Monopoly had regional street names. That's my something new for the day!

[quote author=wiki]In 1941, the British Secret Service had John Waddington Ltd., the licensed manufacturer of the game outside the U.S., create a special edition for World War II prisoners of war held by the Nazis.[4] Hidden inside these games were maps, compasses, real money, and other objects useful for escaping. They were distributed to prisoners by secret service-created fake charity groups.[/quote]

Blame the Nazis.

Crow

Why is Windows 8 a closed platform? That is foolish.
Retired member.

Firebird

Is that really confirmed? It looks like that's just one executive from Steam saying that.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

hismikeness

Quote from: Crow on July 26, 2012, 03:28:15 PM
Why is Windows 8 a closed platform? That is foolish.

Closed the same way OS X is?
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Crow

Quote from: Firebird on July 26, 2012, 03:35:04 PM
Is that really confirmed? It looks like that's just one executive from Steam saying that.

On the cheap versions yes. But on the full versions its the same as OSX apparently. It just doesn't make sense, having a windows shop does but closing certain versions doesn't.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

just woke up... need coffee  >:(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

You shoulf see the norwegian version. All the street names correspond to streets in Oslo.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

hismikeness

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 26, 2012, 04:00:21 PM

You shoulf see the norwegian version. All the street names correspond to streets in Oslo.

The American version all the street names are based on Atlantic City NJ.

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 26, 2012, 04:00:21 PM

Who can afford to buy all those vowels? (Norwegian seems very vowel-y to me. :D)

Firebird

Quote from: Crow on July 26, 2012, 03:47:23 PM
Quote from: Firebird on July 26, 2012, 03:35:04 PM

On the cheap versions yes. But on the full versions its the same as OSX apparently. It just doesn't make sense, having a windows shop does but closing certain versions doesn't.

Source please? I haven't seen anything saying that.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"