News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on July 23, 2012, 10:58:11 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 23, 2012, 10:22:47 PM
Vinnie has a new home. People called me today, told me the would be here withing the hour, and fell in love with him. He will live out his days walking on trails and eating in a pasture with a few other horses.

Oh yay!!!!  Sounds like a perfect placement for him.  Such good news!  Congrats!

VERY good news, yay Buddy! :) I needed some good news today, I was thinking of Vinnie earlier and hoping he'd find someone!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

hismikeness

Quote from: OldGit on July 23, 2012, 09:03:57 PM
Our Noodly Lord was not created there, or anywhere.  However Oregon gains great distinction by being the platform from which our Creator was drawn to the public's attention by our Prophet Bobby.

Forgive the blaspheme.

Quote from: Ali on July 23, 2012, 08:59:51 PM
Apparently they grow 'em smart in Oregon.   ;)

Yes, in Oregon. Not at Oregon.  ;)
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on July 24, 2012, 01:17:56 AM
Quote from: Ali on July 23, 2012, 10:58:11 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 23, 2012, 10:22:47 PM
Vinnie has a new home. People called me today, told me the would be here withing the hour, and fell in love with him. He will live out his days walking on trails and eating in a pasture with a few other horses.

Oh yay!!!!  Sounds like a perfect placement for him.  Such good news!  Congrats!

VERY good news, yay Buddy! :) I needed some good news today, I was thinking of Vinnie earlier and hoping he'd find someone!

This might make you feel even better then. Apparently this horse loves kids. The lady who bought him asked if her six-year-old could get up and just walk around on him. Vinnie both walked and jogged around the pasture with this little girl on his back like it was the best job ever. Afterward the girl was on the ground and he put his head down so she could kiss him. It was really heart warming and a little bittersweet. It reminded me of my first horse that I had to leave behind in Malmö.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 23, 2012, 10:25:53 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2012, 07:39:21 AM
ZzzzzzzZzzzzz I said I would sleep earlier today. Yeah Right. ::)

Damn insomnia. :(  And pidgeons. There are pidgeons on the ceiling.

Hallucinations again, silverphinx? Tsk tsk.

Be careful. You've been pushing your luck for too long.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 24, 2012, 04:16:01 AM
http://www.peta.org/features/Ingrid-Newkirks-Unique-Will.aspx

What the ever. Loving. Fuck.

Is she the one who said she wouldn't mind being BBQed after she died? I can't remember. ???

Firebird

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 24, 2012, 04:34:51 AM

Is she the one who said she wouldn't mind being BBQed after she died? I can't remember. ???

Apparently she wants to be. And to have her skin turned to leather. And to have various body parts sent to different places to make a point. Some issues there, no?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on July 24, 2012, 04:51:30 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 24, 2012, 04:34:51 AM

Apparently she wants to be. And to have her skin turned to leather. And to have various body parts sent to different places to make a point.

I just opened the link and read her...will. :-\

QuoteSome issues there, no?

Perhaps more than a few.

xSilverPhinx

By George, what's the basic science behind Rorschach?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 24, 2012, 08:42:08 AM
By George, what's the basic science behind Rorschach?

Lepidopterology

OldGit

I just left my body to an Indian Restaurant, though I fear I may be too tough.

Crow

How is that I had never heard of Tommy Tiernan before he is great.
Retired member.

En_Route

Quote from: Crow on July 24, 2012, 01:51:51 PM
How is that I had never heard of Tommy Tiernan before he is great.

I've seen him live several times and at the peak of his powers he is terrific. By his own admission, he went off the boil for a couple of years,  but seems to back on form now. Catch him live if you can.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

I was particularly confused by the thumb mounted "up" on a plaque to be sent to a person they approve of.  What did s/he do to disserve getting some grotesque rotting thumb in the mail? 

OldGit

Buddy, I'm way behind with this one, but congratulations on finding a home for Vinnie.