News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on July 23, 2012, 01:54:33 AM
A good friend is on my mind today. He's been through an incredibly rough year so far with family troubles, health issues, and several other issues... and on top of that, tomorrow he has to have a beloved family pet put down.  :'( He and his kids are heartbroken. It's an incredibly rough day for them, knowing that this is their last day with a pet they love. He lives way too far away for me to go and give him a hug, and comfort him and his kids, but that's what I wish I could do.

Having to do the right thing for a pet is never good.

(((Amicale)))
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

It can be very hard losing a much-loved pet - commiserations to your friend.

Ali

DJ - That's what my family is like too.  It wouldn't occur to anyone on my mom's side of the family to get a hotel room when staying in the same town as your family/friends....that would practically be an insult!  My dad hates it.  ;D  It's so bad that my grandpa, who has severe mobility issues and can barely walk, STILL refuses to stay anywhere but my parents' split level house when he comes to Denver.  He has to go up stairs from their main level to get a bed/shower or down stairs from their main level to sit/lay on the couch, which as I understand it is difficult and painful.  But he still refuses to go to a hotel...

Amicale, hugs to your friend.  Putting down a pet is agonizing, even when you know it's the right thing.   :'(

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2012, 07:39:21 AM
ZzzzzzzZzzzzz I said I would sleep earlier today. Yeah Right. ::)

Damn insomnia. :(  And pidgeons. There are pidgeons on the ceiling.

I am right with you. :(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. Yeah, I'm pretty sad for my buddy today... today's the day. It's kinda hard to explain, because it's more than being sad that a pet's dying, really. It's also being sad because he and his kids are so upset, and because he's had such a hard go of it that he deserves to be happy. It seems like everything's just piled up on this guy this year, and the depression's hit him hard. He takes so much joy in his kids and his animals that I hate to see him like this.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

hismikeness

Well it turns out the FSM was created at my alma mater. No big deal.

QuoteIn January 2005, Bobby Henderson, then a 24-year-old Oregon State University physics graduate, sent an open letter regarding the Flying Spaghetti Monster to the Kansas State Board of Education. The letter was sent prior to the Kansas evolution hearings as an argument against the teaching of intelligent design in biology classes. Henderson, describing himself as a "concerned citizen" representing more than ten million others, argued that intelligent design and his belief "the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster" were equally valid.

No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Ali

Quote from: hismikeness on July 23, 2012, 07:10:08 PM
Well it turns out the FSM was created at my alma mater. No big deal.

QuoteIn January 2005, Bobby Henderson, then a 24-year-old Oregon State University physics graduate, sent an open letter regarding the Flying Spaghetti Monster to the Kansas State Board of Education. The letter was sent prior to the Kansas evolution hearings as an argument against the teaching of intelligent design in biology classes. Henderson, describing himself as a "concerned citizen" representing more than ten million others, argued that intelligent design and his belief "the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster" were equally valid.

Apparently they grow 'em smart in Oregon.   ;)

OldGit

Our Noodly Lord was not created there, or anywhere.  However Oregon gains great distinction by being the platform from which our Creator was drawn to the public's attention by our Prophet Bobby.

Buddy

Vinnie has a new home. People called me today, told me the would be here withing the hour, and fell in love with him. He will live out his days walking on trails and eating in a pasture with a few other horses.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Hector Valdez

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2012, 07:39:21 AM
ZzzzzzzZzzzzz I said I would sleep earlier today. Yeah Right. ::)

Damn insomnia. :(  And pidgeons. There are pidgeons on the ceiling.

Hallucinations again, silverphinx? Tsk tsk.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 23, 2012, 10:22:47 PM
Vinnie has a new home. People called me today, told me the would be here withing the hour, and fell in love with him. He will live out his days walking on trails and eating in a pasture with a few other horses.

Oh yay!!!!  Sounds like a perfect placement for him.  Such good news!  Congrats!

Sweetdeath

My hair is like a crazy sponge. it really takes too damn long to dry. I've been using my hello kitty blowdryer on high for like 25 mins >_<;;;
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 23, 2012, 10:22:47 PM
Well done Buddy!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 23, 2012, 11:04:31 PM
My hair is like a crazy sponge. it really takes too damn long to dry. I've been using my hello kitty blowdryer on high for like 25 mins >_<;;;
I can't a 'Hello Kitty' hair dryer doesn't sound exactly kick arse in the power stakes. Maybe you need a new hair dryer before you get new hair.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2012, 11:58:53 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 23, 2012, 11:04:31 PM
I can't a 'Hello Kitty' hair dryer doesn't sound exactly kick arse in the power stakes. Maybe you need a new hair dryer before you get new hair.

I've learnt that the best way to have healthy hair is to stay away from heat as much as possible.