News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 22, 2012, 04:38:33 AM
They always say that the new baby won't change anything, they'll still love you just as much but it's not true, it's never true.  :'(

Yeah, all Ali's time that was usually spent on us will now go to catnapping.  On the other hand, sweet baby face pictures!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Today I am under instructions to be on my very, very, very best behaviour.
It is my grandson's christening.
It's totally cultural and an excuse for a huge booze up afterwards.
My wife and youngest daughter have both told me they will both resort to physical violence should the word 'atheist' leave my mouth today!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Except when you shout it out to drown out the vicar's mumbo-jumbo.  Have fun and don't get too bladdered.  ;)

DeterminedJuliet

Ali, Ali, Ali! Congrats!
;D ;D ;D Aieeee!
I've been having some serious baby-fever lately, so you need to send me pictures of his/her cute little wrinkly newborn face when he/she is born.
Squeeeee!!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Haha DJ, in my experience pictures of wrinkly newborn faces only makes baby fever worse....but I will be happy to oblige.   ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on July 22, 2012, 03:03:39 PM
Haha DJ, in my experience pictures of wrinkly newborn faces only makes baby fever worse....but I will be happy to oblige.   ;D

I'm hoping that living vicariously will be enough -- My sister-in-law is also pregnant and I'm sure that I will be abducting their wee one on more than one occasion for a baby-fix.  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Non Quixote

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2012, 09:16:13 AM
My wife and youngest daughter have both told me they will both resort to physical violence should the word 'atheist' leave my mouth today!  :D

[homer]Mmmmmmmm...booze[/homer]
Ya give 'em books and they just chew on the covers...
"Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."    ~ Archie Bunker

DeterminedJuliet

We had a wedding in a Catholic church yesterday. The handy thing about having a toddler is that they make an excellent excuse for ducking out of the church during the group prayer/eucharist bits.  ;)

Anne D.

Velma

We need video of this.  You know, just to make sure you were on your best behavior.   ;)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

After talking a week off, I have to go back to work today.   :-[  However, Saturday, my husband and I hit the road for a few hours.  We had plans to visit one place and the rest of the day was open.  We first went to Onondaga State Park - there's a cave there, but we didn't go in because I'd had a cortisone shot in my knee the day before and wasn't supposed to do that much walking.  The rest of the day we spent visiting a bunch of kitschy tourist sites, like the Jesse James Wax Museum.  It was a lot of fun.  We got home around 4 pm and decided to go out to eat at Gulf Shores Restaurant & Grill - a New Orleans inspired place that we'd never been to before.  We dressed up a bit and had a great time and some excellent food.  It's fun to explore your own area for new stuff to do.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Hector Valdez

I have decided to challenge myself by creating a website/blog: Economicmarquee(dot)com. I treat socioeconomic issues in it, and have decided to aim for one 2000+ word article a week, and several smaller articles throughout the week. At least once a day. Wish me luck!

(I didn't make the url a link. Not sure if it would be spamming or not.)

Recusant

Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 22, 2012, 04:31:11 PM(I didn't make the url a link. Not sure if it would be spamming or not.)

You can list it in your profile (Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile Information), and if you really want to self-promote, you can also include a link in your forum signature.

I didn't realize you are a Go player. I am as well, though I'm very weak (around 9 or 10 kyu). Maybe sometime we can meet up on KGS or IGS. I also play on Dragon, and have an account on OGS, though I haven't played there in a while.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

En_Route

Quote from: Recusant on July 22, 2012, 05:46:38 PM
Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 22, 2012, 04:31:11 PM(I didn't make the url a link. Not sure if it would be spamming or not.)

You can list it in your profile (Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile Information), and if you really want to self-promote, you can also include a link in your forum signature.

I didn't realize you are a Go player. I am as well, though I'm very weak (around 9 or 10 kyu). Maybe sometime we can meet up on KGS or IGS. I also play on Dragon, and have an account on OGS, though I haven't played there in a while.

I haven't played Go for many years. Being grossly deficient in terms of Visiuo-spatial ability I always suffered crushing humiliation at the hands of my opponents. In the spirit of its earlier history I toyed with the idea of rritually disembowelling myself but decided against it on the grounds that it might have upset my mother.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

OldGit

I'm much the same - I loved the game and played a lot, years ago, but I was never very good.