News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Crow on July 16, 2012, 10:12:12 PM
Quote from: Ali on July 16, 2012, 08:50:49 PM

Does she have to be truly impressed or would you settle for delighted and amused?

Resaon I ask is that any 12 year old with a Claire's nearby can procure and wear a tiara.  It's really not that hard or impressive.  It would, however, be really funny and kind of charming in an offbeat kind of way.  You'd have to follow it up with a great and quirky personality though.  Funny quirky guy in tiara is funny and charming.  Weird quiet guy in a tiara is probably planning to throw you down a well and wear your skin for a party dress.

LOL. I was thinking more of a "I'm not impressed" attitude, rather than a "oh that's impressive" response. So yeah more find it amusing, break the ice and take it off. If they keep it on there's your warning.

My brother went on his first date with his current girlfriend in a kilt to try to break the ice. I'd say it worked considering they have been dating for about a year and a half.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 17, 2012, 02:17:38 AM
Quote from: Crow on July 16, 2012, 10:12:12 PM
Quote from: Ali on July 16, 2012, 08:50:49 PM

Does she have to be truly impressed or would you settle for delighted and amused?

Resaon I ask is that any 12 year old with a Claire's nearby can procure and wear a tiara.  It's really not that hard or impressive.  It would, however, be really funny and kind of charming in an offbeat kind of way.  You'd have to follow it up with a great and quirky personality though.  Funny quirky guy in tiara is funny and charming.  Weird quiet guy in a tiara is probably planning to throw you down a well and wear your skin for a party dress.

LOL. I was thinking more of a "I'm not impressed" attitude, rather than a "oh that's impressive" response. So yeah more find it amusing, break the ice and take it off. If they keep it on there's your warning.

My brother went on his first date with his current girlfriend in a kilt to try to break the ice. I'd say it worked considering they have been dating for about a year and a half.

That's a great story.  :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Can't sleep. Too excited about our trip. Curse my husband and his ability to fall asleep so easily.  :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 17, 2012, 04:23:14 AM
That's a great story.  :D
...Only if he did it true Scotsman style in high wind.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Overheard exchange.

Daughter: A three year shot his father!
Wife:  Is he dead?
Daughter: Yes
Wife:  Well what were they doing with a loaded gun in the house?
Daughter:  It was in America.
I assume my wife responded with an ah right, that explains it nod, I was in another room though.

Ah perhaps I shouldn't laugh but I found that a bit funny.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 17, 2012, 12:42:51 PM
Overheard exchange.

I assume my wife responded with an ah right, that explains it nod, I was in another room though.

That's the second amendment for you!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 17, 2012, 01:24:19 PM
Overheard exchange.

That's the second amendment for you!

XD Great parents *laughs*

( i seriously don't understand how a three year old could get access to a gun. Oh man  ::) )
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Recusant

Quote from: Asmodean on July 16, 2012, 08:53:08 PM
Old Rusty has developed a squeak. I think a ball joint is saying thanks for playing... Those are a weakness of older VWs.

I hope that doesn't put a crimp in your vacation plans!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on July 17, 2012, 04:52:14 PM
I hope that doesn't put a crimp in your vacation plans!
Unfortunately, it will not.

I've located the source and gave it some grease, so it pretty much STFU right now. Will need to change a bearing sometime within the next 20000 kilometers.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Firebird

Overheard exchange.

*Sigh*...
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ali

Overheard exchange.

Yeah, so?  Here in Merica, we appreciate the freedom to get shot by our preschoolers.  When I get shot by my preschooler, I make a tourniquet out of the Flag, and then I smear the whole thing with a mixture of pie and mayonnaise. Then, I go set off some fireworks, and and thank Jesus for writing the 2nd Amendment into the Constitution.  "Dear Baby Jesus, thank you for taking time out of your busy leper-curing and fish dividing schedule to write the second amendment.  Amen."  Finally, I go on HuffPo, in the comments section, and tell some liberals that if they don't want to be prayed at in the public sphere, they should move to Stalinist Russia.  USA! USA!

The Black Jester

Quote from: Ali on July 17, 2012, 10:14:19 PM
Overheard exchange.

Yeah, so?  Here in Merica, we appreciate the freedom to get shot by our preschoolers.  When I get shot by my preschooler, I make a tourniquet out of the Flag, and then I smear the whole thing with a mixture of pie and mayonnaise. Then, I go set off some fireworks, and and thank Jesus for writing the 2nd Amendment into the Constitution.  "Dear Baby Jesus, thank you for taking time out of your busy leper-curing and fish dividing schedule to write the second amendment.  Amen."  Finally, I go on HuffPo, in the comments section, and tell some liberals that if they don't want to be prayed at in the public sphere, they should move to Stalinist Russia.  USA! USA!

This is utterly, and completely, priceless.  And likely true, in some quarters, which truth does nothing to mitigate the hilarity.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Firebird

Overheard exchange.

You smeared blood on our flag???? How could you! Not a real American! A real American would have bled to death first. USA!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

En_Route

Overheard exchange.

Chortlesome in extremis.  A moving celebration of the Frontier Spirit and the inalienable right to take pot shots at people who annoy you.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

Hahahaha.  I was a little worried that someone might take me seriously and be all:

Quote from: Somebody who doesn't understand my sense of humor
1.  While you may be within your First Amendment rights to wear a flag as an article of clothing, most flag experts would agree that using a flag to staunch the flow of blood from a gunshot wound is disrespectful to the spirit of the flag....
2.  Pie and/or mayonnaise have little to no anti-bacterial qualities.
3.  Jesus did NOT write the Second Amendment.
4.  You can't move to Stalinist Russia, as Stalin is dead......

(and so on)