News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on July 16, 2012, 05:08:32 AM
I had some chamomile tea tonight. It was tasty. It got me wondering if it tasted better than the chamomile tea my friend had last night, which was graced by the presence of a fruit fly.  ;D
Hahahaha!
(this may have been me)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: OldGit on July 15, 2012, 05:16:59 PM
Quote from: The Great Book Of Wisdomwoebegone
c.1300, in me is wo bigone "woe has beset me," from begon "to beset, surround."

I always thought it meant "woe, be gone!" (as in "I am wishing this woe would just go away allready.")

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 16, 2012, 02:39:57 PM
Quote from: Amicale on July 16, 2012, 05:08:32 AM
I had some chamomile tea tonight. It was tasty. It got me wondering if it tasted better than the chamomile tea my friend had last night, which was graced by the presence of a fruit fly.  ;D
Hahahaha!
(this may have been me)

I'm happy to report she drank it anyway.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

I'm not wasting perfectly good tea just because a fly decided to take a swim in it!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

I find chamomile tea disgusting.  I'd as soon drink pure infusion of flies with no chamomiles.

Crow

hmmm do you* reckon a guy could get away with wearing a piece of female jewelry?

*anyone that happens to be reading this.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on July 16, 2012, 07:09:14 PM
hmmm do you* reckon a guy could get away with wearing a piece of female jewelry?

Sure! Diamond ear studs are one fine example of that.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Sure, why not.

Tank

I think it depends what it is, where it is and what it's for. E.G. A tiara when going as a drag queen to a fancy dress party would be fine, but probably not if you're trying to impress a lady on your first date.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2012, 07:46:35 PM

A tiara when going as a drag queen to a fancy dress party would be fine, but probably not if you're trying to impress a lady on your first date.

Darn! That's exactly what i was planning.
Retired member.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2012, 07:46:35 PM

I think it depends what it is, where it is and what it's for. E.G. A tiara when going as a drag queen to a fancy dress party would be fine, but probably not if you're trying to impress a lady on your first date.

I would totally date a guy if he showed up to our first date wearing a tiara.

But I might be a minority.  ;D

Crow

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 16, 2012, 07:51:35 PM

If I showed up to a date wearing a tiara and she wasn't impressed, I'd be gone. No point in wasting time.
Retired member.

Ali

Quote from: Crow on July 16, 2012, 08:25:22 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 16, 2012, 07:51:35 PM

If I showed up to a date wearing a tiara and she wasn't impressed, I'd be gone. No point in wasting time.

Does she have to be truly impressed or would you settle for delighted and amused?

Resaon I ask is that any 12 year old with a Claire's nearby can procure and wear a tiara.  It's really not that hard or impressive.  It would, however, be really funny and kind of charming in an offbeat kind of way.  You'd have to follow it up with a great and quirky personality though.  Funny quirky guy in tiara is funny and charming.  Weird quiet guy in a tiara is probably planning to throw you down a well and wear your skin for a party dress.

Asmodean

Old Rusty has developed a squeak. I think a ball joint is saying thanks for playing... Those are a weakness of older VWs.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Ali on July 16, 2012, 08:50:49 PM

Does she have to be truly impressed or would you settle for delighted and amused?

Resaon I ask is that any 12 year old with a Claire's nearby can procure and wear a tiara.  It's really not that hard or impressive.  It would, however, be really funny and kind of charming in an offbeat kind of way.  You'd have to follow it up with a great and quirky personality though.  Funny quirky guy in tiara is funny and charming.  Weird quiet guy in a tiara is probably planning to throw you down a well and wear your skin for a party dress.

LOL. I was thinking more of a "I'm not impressed" attitude, rather than a "oh that's impressive" response. So yeah more find it amusing, break the ice and take it off. If they keep it on there's your warning.
Retired member.