News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on June 11, 2012, 07:39:25 PM
Got a laugh from a distant relative of mine who posted this online, on his public (  ::) ) profile:

"Got effin hammered wit sum pretty gurls, think they were legal hahaha idk tho. Punched a MFer jerk out in the bar for hittin on em. I'm easaly (sic) the toughist guy in the damn bar, i have lots of mussle (sic) and the ladies LOVE ME. BTW peeps at home if u tell my grandma this shit shed be pissed so dont."

Yeah.... really, REALLY tough guy, all right. Terrified of his 5'1" 115 pound grandma.

And rightfully so. She could knock him into next week.  ;D

I don't blame him for being terrified of his grandmother. Grandmothers are scary! D:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 11, 2012, 08:00:02 PM
Got a laugh from a distant relative of mine who posted this online, on his public (  ::) ) profile:

"Got effin hammered wit sum pretty gurls, think they were legal hahaha idk tho. Punched a MFer jerk out in the bar for hittin on em. I'm easaly (sic) the toughist guy in the damn bar, i have lots of mussle (sic) and the ladies LOVE ME. BTW peeps at home if u tell my grandma this shit shed be pissed so dont."

Yeah.... really, REALLY tough guy, all right. Terrified of his 5'1" 115 pound grandma.

And rightfully so. She could knock him into next week.  ;D

I don't blame him for being terrified of his grandmother. Grandmothers are scary! D:

Hubby's 95 year old 5 foot nothing grandma is easily the scariest person I know.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on June 11, 2012, 08:24:07 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 11, 2012, 08:00:02 PM
Got a laugh from a distant relative of mine who posted this online, on his public (  ::) ) profile:

And rightfully so. She could knock him into next week.  ;D

Hubby's 95 year old 5 foot nothing grandma is easily the scariest person I know.

Is the quote giving you a hard time Ali?  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

;D  I just like to give Tank something to do.   ;D

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

The first few times I brought Hubby home, my grandmother hit his knuckles with a spoon if he didn't show proper table manners. You don't mess with Grandmas  :D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on June 11, 2012, 06:16:09 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 11, 2012, 05:47:13 PM
It's too hot.  I am not accustomed to this. >:(

I know the feeling, it's prettymuch sweltering out there. I went out shopping today for a bit and nearly choked on the stale air!

On the plus side, I now have a couple errands run, and I can stay near the air conditioner and work.

Today is freezing in nyc. gloomy, dark and 59F degrees. ok, not freezing.. but i dont mind wearing a light coat so much.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Watching that awful show Bridezillas. It's like I can't look away. When I got married, the most important thing to me was that all of my loved ones were there and were comfortable and made to feel loved and special. Because I was the hostess, I was offering my hospitality. I am APPALLED at these women. They are beasts!

Buddy

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 12, 2012, 01:26:41 AM
What is Bridezillas?

Women who are way too crazy over their weddings. There are also Groomthras (same thing, but with guys).
I think it's also it's a show?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Guardian85

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 12, 2012, 01:48:29 AM
What is Bridezillas?

Women who are way too crazy over their weddings. There are also Groomthras (same thing, but with guys).

Groomthras? What kind of dude is that into weddings. Every wedding I have ever been to have happened the same way for the guys. We get the groom drunk, put him in a hilarious or embarassing situation, and make sure he doesn't chicken out at the last minute.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 12, 2012, 02:22:28 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 12, 2012, 01:48:29 AM
What is Bridezillas?

Groomthras? What kind of dude is that into weddings. Every wedding I have ever been to have happened the same way for the guys. We get the groom drunk, put him in a hilarious or embarassing situation, and make sure he doesn't chicken out at the last minute.

Oh. They exist. I used to watch a lot of crappy wedding shows when I was getting married and some of the guys are just as bad as the women. There's even a show "Rich Groom, Poor Groom" which is based off "Rich Bride, Poor Bride" which is pretty much dedicated to crazy people getting married.

Amicale

I'm missing my daughter. The good news is, she'll be visiting here at the end of the week for a while before I go back home with her. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

How long have you been without her?

Buddy

I am at my wits end with Vinnie. His behavior has just gotten worse and worse over the last few weeks. Now he is rearing, bucking and bolting out of nowhere. His attitude on the ground isn't much better. I keep telling my mother that I can't sell this horse in good conscience knowing his history and that he is going to hurt someone. He bolted with me out in the field today and I fell and messed up my shoulder pretty bad.