Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Firebird on June 09, 2012, 03:19:15 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 08, 2012, 11:17:37 PM
Good point. My biggest problem with learning languages is the fact that I cannot roll my tongue, which is important to in many languages. 

Ha, me too. My wife always makes fun of me about that, at which point I roll up my tongue and stick it out at her, since she can't do that :)

Asmo makes a good point, I was mostly thinking of English speakers. Did a little googling and found this list from the US Dept of State. Looks like Japanese is the toughest:

Language Learning Difficulty for English Speakers

I never found Japanese very hard. I don't speak it, but I have a friend who does and she will sometimes teach me nifty phrases. I think with most Asian languages many people are put off by the symbols.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 09, 2012, 04:16:08 AM
Quote from: Firebird on June 09, 2012, 03:19:15 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 08, 2012, 11:17:37 PM
Good point. My biggest problem with learning languages is the fact that I cannot roll my tongue, which is important to in many languages. 

Ha, me too. My wife always makes fun of me about that, at which point I roll up my tongue and stick it out at her, since she can't do that :)

Asmo makes a good point, I was mostly thinking of English speakers. Did a little googling and found this list from the US Dept of State. Looks like Japanese is the toughest:

Language Learning Difficulty for English Speakers

I never found Japanese very hard. I don't speak it, but I have a friend who does and she will sometimes teach me nifty phrases. I think with most Asian languages many people are put off by the symbols.

Japanese is so easy to read and speak. I only have trouble writing it. i'm practicing now ^_^~

To each their own, i guess. i grew up with it since i was 6, so it's a natural second language to my English.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Today is T's birthday.  Little (big) guy is 4!  *sniffle* Goes by so fast!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on June 09, 2012, 02:56:10 PM
Today is T's birthday.  Little (big) guy is 4!  *sniffle* Goes by so fast!

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Tell him "Yaaaarrr!!!" from me  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Siz

Well done T. Four is a fine age to start your fifth year. Happy Birthday.

June seems to be a popular month for preHAFfer birthdays. September must be jiggy time for Atheists... :D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Happy new orbit day to T!!!! ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Scissorlegs on June 09, 2012, 06:30:08 PM
Well done T. Four is a fine age to start your fifth year. Happy Birthday.

June seems to be a popular month for preHAFfer birthdays. September must be jiggy time for Atheists... :D

September can't be much worse than being conceived on Valentine's day. Which I was.  :D

OldGit

Happy Burfdy to little T, and many more of 'em!

Guardian85

Wish T a happy birthday from me.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Thanks everybody!

G85 - I made T another paper airplane today, so that's a gift from you that keeps on giving.  ;D

(G85 taught me how to fold a paper airplane for T last weekend on Skype right before our meetup.  My first attempt was really pathetic, at least judging by both T and G85's reaction to it.)

Buddy

Poor Cash. He's getting snipped here soon, and to add insult to injury one testicle looked like it hadn't dropped yet so I had to feel him up to make sure they were both there. They were and he is not happy with me right now. ;D

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 10, 2012, 12:49:42 AM
Poor Cash. He's getting snipped here soon, and to add insult to injury one testicle looked like it hadn't dropped yet so I had to feel him up to make sure they were both there. They were and he is not happy with me right now. ;D

On behalf of all the men on this forum...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 10, 2012, 12:49:42 AM

**Shudder**
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"