News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Watching someone commit career suicide.  :-\

There is a person that I work with that is very knowedgable and experienced in our field, but they have a very negative attitude and unpleasant demeanor and it is obvious that it has already cost them.  Today in a department wide meeting, this person made a blatently racist remark.  We were aghast.  I have literally never heard someone say anything like that in a professional setting.  I don't know if this will be the straw that broke the already strained camel's back, but I do doubt that this person has much of a future left at our company.  A good reminder that a professional demeanor is as important as knowlege and experience when it comes to advancement opportunities.  :-\

Amicale

Wow Ali, that's crazy. It makes you wonder, when people so blatantly shoot themselves in the foot like that, if maybe subconsciously they're so burnt out they're trying to get fired.  :-\ If they're not, then that was just a dumbass move.

Well, tonight I'm going to my first ever death metal show. I'll be up at the front, apparently with people smashing into me and I've been told it can get kinda rough. If you folks never hear from me again, it's been a blast knowing you all.  :D  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on June 06, 2012, 07:30:52 PM
Well, tonight I'm going to my first ever death metal show. I'll be up at the front, apparently with people smashing into me and I've been told it can get kinda rough. If you folks never hear from me again, it's been a blast knowing you all.  :D  ;D

Ohhh noooo. I hope you live!!

In other, less interesting news, I used one of those tooth-whitey-stripey-thingies last night and now my front teeth feel like they're about to shatter. But they do look whiter. Ah, vanity. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Siz

There's a clue in the name, methinks... :D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Recusant

I'll be up at the front . . .

Have fun! Bring earplugs, though.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ali

Have fun!  I almost got trampled at a Slipknot concert back in the day!

Crow

Amicale if you have any piercings make sure you take them out, I wouldn't advise going to the front either if you haven't been to anything ruffer than a ska gig. Have fun though.  ;D
Retired member.

Tanker

My prodigal return to HAF. I've been gone so long I'm practically re-noobified.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Recusant

Great to see you back here, Tanker
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Tanker on June 06, 2012, 09:24:20 PM
Welcome back :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tanker on June 06, 2012, 09:24:20 PM

Hello! Nice to meet you!   ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

No, he's been missing for a little while.  What about Davin?  He hasn't been around in a while either.

Siz

I'll p.m. the little monkey...

Crow

Quote from: Scissorlegs on June 07, 2012, 12:38:32 AM
Anyone seen TFL?

I remember awhile back he was saying he was going touring around europe in the camper van or something so he could be doing that.
Retired member.