News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Crow on May 30, 2012, 01:26:14 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 29, 2012, 09:21:14 PM
I have been trying, but with the economy, nobody is buying. I can't afford to take care of two horses, let alone a full sized one. Especially with having to find a new house to live in because of our mold problem. I don't want to kill him, but unless someone makes an offer, it is looking like my only option.

Sad to hear, what happens to the horse if it is killed? Does it get rendered down to tallow or the glue factory like most waste animals, or will you be giving it more of a pet treatment. Sorry if that sounds a bit insensitive but I'm curious.

No it's fine. He would be buried on my mom's boyfriend's property. I am going to work with him for a few more weeks to see if maybe he could be retired as a trail horse.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on May 30, 2012, 01:12:47 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 30, 2012, 12:53:35 PM
Blegh, finals. At least I feel prepared this time.
Good. Glad to hear HAF didn't distract you too much :)

It's the last day of school with only one test. I can afford to be distracted.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 30, 2012, 01:34:05 PM
Quote from: Crow on May 30, 2012, 01:26:14 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 29, 2012, 09:21:14 PM
I have been trying, but with the economy, nobody is buying. I can't afford to take care of two horses, let alone a full sized one. Especially with having to find a new house to live in because of our mold problem. I don't want to kill him, but unless someone makes an offer, it is looking like my only option.

Sad to hear, what happens to the horse if it is killed? Does it get rendered down to tallow or the glue factory like most waste animals, or will you be giving it more of a pet treatment. Sorry if that sounds a bit insensitive but I'm curious.

No it's fine. He would be buried on my mom's boyfriend's property. I am going to work with him for a few more weeks to see if maybe he could be retired as a trail horse.

Buddy, trying to get him to work as a trail horse is a good idea. I'd be sad to hear that you might have to put him down. I know the closest animal sanctuary is maybe a few hours away, but are there any zoos, farmers, local state fairs, riding schools, people you know from horse shows etc that might take him? You could try advertising on Craigslist for people to take him, too - even if you have to give him away rather than selling him, it's better than the alternative. Whatever happens, though... *hug* I'm cheering you on and I hope you find someone to take him.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

DJ - Love the piercing!!!

Buddy - Sorry that you are in such a tough spot with Vinnie.  I hope that you are able to work out something that is to your satisfaction.  Also, good luck with the job!  I worked at a coffee shop in college and it's still my favorite job I ever had.  Oh the stories I could tell... :D

AFM - Getting ready to put the finishing touches on the planning for T's bday party on the 10th.  I can't believe he's almost (less than two weeks shy of) 4! 

Guardian85

Going on a somewhat strange mission tomorrow. Gonna live for the next six days on an oilrig that has been towed closer to shore in order to provide on-board security. Don't know how much typing I can do until then.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 30, 2012, 06:35:31 PM
Going on a somewhat strange mission tomorrow. Gonna live for the next six days on an oilrig that has been towed closer to shore in order to provide on-board security. Don't know how much typing I can do until then.

Is it an old, decrepit oil rig?  Sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie.  I predict there is a monster aboard.  Do not do anything "immoral" (like drink or have sex outside of wedlock) while on board, or you will mysteriously disappear.   >:(

Buddy

Sounds like fun! Don't die while you're gone!  ;D

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 30, 2012, 06:51:26 PM

Sounds like fun! Don't die while you're gone!  ;D

"(Writes in notebook) No...get...killed!" 

Thanks, I'll try to remember that.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

DeterminedJuliet

Budhorse, sorry to hear about your horse troubles :( It's a hard spot to be in. I hope you get something figured out.

Thanks for all of the piercing compliments. I am very happy with it! It didn't hurt at all, either!

Amicale and I had our coffee date, it was a lot of fun.  :) She's just as sweet in person. She bought me a birthday tea and listened very patiently as I rambled excitedly on a host of topics.  ;D We forgot to take a picture, though.  
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Awwww, sounds like you two had a lovely time! 

Buddy

Thanks DJ. I'm getting him tonight and I'm starting him on a seven day workout until he's sold. Hopefully it will knock some sense into his thick skull.  ::)

Glad that you and Amicale had a great time. Too bad you didn't get pictures though. :P it would be great to have a HAF meetup. Maybe someday...

Ali

We can't even get our stuff together to have a virtual meetup!  LOL

Buddy

Got Vinnie home safe and in one piece. I also learned a few things in the process.

*all told in Vinnie's POV*
1) wheelbarrows are horse eating monsters and cannot be trusted.
2) cows will also eat horses.
3) same goes for horses that only reach your knee
4) if anything moves, it means there is a horse eating monster getting ready to attack and that I should try to run mom over.
5) little horses are meaner than they look and will beat the crap out of you.

You would think that with him being the biggest creature on the farm, that he would have nothing to fear. But no, every little rustle was obviously trying to kill him. So much for the fearless quarter horse reputation.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 30, 2012, 09:06:02 PM
Budhorse, sorry to hear about your horse troubles :( It's a hard spot to be in. I hope you get something figured out.

Thanks for all of the piercing compliments. I am very happy with it! It didn't hurt at all, either!

Amicale and I had our coffee date, it was a lot of fun.  :) She's just as sweet in person. She bought me a birthday tea and listened very patiently as I rambled excitedly on a host of topics.  ;D We forgot to take a picture, though.  

It was SO very fun meeting DJ for coffee! She's a totally awesome lady. Very fun and bubbly, chatting and drinking tea and coffee was great!  ;D And yes, darn it all, we forgot to take a picture. Maybe next time, if I haven't scared her off.  ;)

By the way, her ear piercing looks fantastic!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy