News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 29, 2012, 09:37:02 PM
Quote from: OldGit on May 29, 2012, 09:26:08 PM
Any rescue organisations round your way?

No. The nearest one is four hours away.

Quote from: Tank on May 29, 2012, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 29, 2012, 09:16:39 PM
I am beyond pissed right now. The person who bought Vinnie won't pay up, so we have to keep him. If I can't get him sold he will have to be euthanized.
Can't you just give him away?

I wish I could. The problem is that he needs an experienced rider. He is high strung and there are times when I cannot control him. I'm afraid that if I give him away, he'll go to someone who doesn't know what they are doing and they could get hurt.
I do not envy you your position at all.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Lease the horse to someone who knows their stuff?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

I got my forward helix piercing today! I love, love, love it! It's pretty subtle. Here are a couple pictures, though it's hard to take a decent picture of your own ear :P
(ignore my poor complexion, I don't do photoshop)

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

I fell and skinned my knee. :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

DJ- looks great! Don't worry about your completion, it looks better than mine. :)

SD- that sucks. Vitamin E helps it heal fast.

I managed to get a job interview at a local coffee shop. It is going to be on Friday at 5 PM. Hoping I get it!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 30, 2012, 01:28:19 AM
DJ- looks great! Don't worry about your completion, it looks better than mine. :)

I managed to get a job interview at a local coffee shop. It is going to be on Friday at 5 PM. Hoping I get it!

Lovely piercing, DJ <3

Omg, good luck with getting that job!
I am looking for new job too at the moment. I am expected to work  outside all week in 90F+° heat  ... Fuck that.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Scissorlegs on May 29, 2012, 04:07:28 PM

:D

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 29, 2012, 09:16:39 PM
I am beyond pissed right now. The person who bought Vinnie won't pay up, so we have to keep him. If I can't get him sold he will have to be euthanized.

Give him away to a riding school...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 30, 2012, 01:49:55 AM

Lovely piercing, DJ <3

I am looking for new job too at the moment. I am expected to work  outside all week in 90F+° heat  ... Fuck that.

I technically have two right now. One is working at the farm where Cash was born, and the other going to shows and braiding the manes of other people's horses. The latter is only on the weekends during the summer so I don't really consider it a real job. Either way, I hope I can start working for this place. My brother is really good friends with the owner, and he was the one who suggested me when he found out they were hiring.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 30, 2012, 01:53:50 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 30, 2012, 01:49:55 AM

Lovely piercing, DJ <3

I technically have two right now. One is working at the farm where Cash was born, and the other going to shows and braiding the manes of other people's horses. The latter is only on the weekends during the summer so I don't really consider it a real job. Either way, I hope I can start working for this place. My brother is really good friends with the owner, and he was the one who suggested me when he found out they were hiring.

Braiding horses' manes?? I wanna do that!

Nice. Connections are always helpful *___*

Buddy

Don't let the pretty braids fool you. Some of these show horses are mean. I've been bit/kicked more times than I can count.  :D

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 30, 2012, 02:00:23 AM
Don't let the pretty braids fool you. Some of these show horses are mean. I've been bit/kicked more times than I can count.  :D

Then kick/bite back!  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 29, 2012, 10:50:31 PM
I got my forward helix piercing today! I love, love, love it! It's pretty subtle. Here are a couple pictures, though it's hard to take a decent picture of your own ear :P
(ignore my poor complexion, I don't do photoshop)

I am a big fan of minimalism in design and this looks really  understated and elegant to me. However, I hasten to add that in the unlikely event of me ever acquiring any body jewellery, I won't be sharing.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Buddy

Blegh, finals. At least I feel prepared this time.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 30, 2012, 12:53:35 PM
Blegh, finals. At least I feel prepared this time.
Good. Glad to hear HAF didn't distract you too much :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 29, 2012, 09:21:14 PM
I have been trying, but with the economy, nobody is buying. I can't afford to take care of two horses, let alone a full sized one. Especially with having to find a new house to live in because of our mold problem. I don't want to kill him, but unless someone makes an offer, it is looking like my only option.

Sad to hear, what happens to the horse if it is killed? Does it get rendered down to tallow or the glue factory like most waste animals, or will you be giving it more of a pet treatment. Sorry if that sounds a bit insensitive but I'm curious.
Retired member.