News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

En_Route

Quote from: Tank on May 25, 2012, 05:36:56 PM
[[[En-route]]] That's a manly hug there. I hope your wife pulls through. I too have been married for 32 years (31st Mar '80) and do not want to see my wife going through what yours is and what you are. She had a slight scare at the 50 year mammary scan but it turned out ok, it could so easily not have. Just keep donating to the cancer charities.

My mum once told me very proudly that she had help raise £500 to go to China, to buy Bibles. WTF!

Believe it or nay, I was married on exactly the same day. Sounds like the start of one of my brainteasers. Thanks for the good wishes.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on May 25, 2012, 05:27:02 PM
(((En_Route)))  Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery!!!!

Thanks. We are optimistic and we will use it as a springboard for a new lifestyle.

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on May 25, 2012, 06:14:18 PM
Quote from: Ali on May 25, 2012, 05:27:02 PM
(((En_Route)))  Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery!!!!

Thanks. We are optimistic and we will use it as a springboard for a new lifestyle.

That sounds like a wonderful approach.

Tank

Quote from: En_Route on May 25, 2012, 06:11:12 PM
[[[En-route]]] That's a manly hug there. I hope your wife pulls through. I too have been married for 32 years (31st Mar '80) and do not want to see my wife going through what yours is and what you are. She had a slight scare at the 50 year mammary scan but it turned out ok, it could so easily not have. Just keep donating to the cancer charities.

My mum once told me very proudly that she had help raise £500 to go to China, to buy Bibles. WTF!

Believe it or nay, I was married on exactly the same day. Sounds like the start of one of my brainteasers. Thanks for the good wishes.
Well it was a 365/1 possibility that's why I put the date just in case. What a coincidence. Camberwell registry office.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

I am positively steaming. There are some family issues happening with my best friend (involving children). I don't want to get into too much detail, but let me just say that some people are completely selfish, stupid twats.  >:( >:( >:(
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Saw the kids in half along the axis of symmetry. That way, both claimants can have equal shares.

...Yes, yes, I know... Not necessarilly jokeable material and not necessarilly the heart of this case.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Sorry DJ.  Some people are selfish stupid twats.  >:(

Sweetdeath

Heading to Maryland right now. Havent seen my girlfriend in almost two months! I'm so excited~ ( and i just can't hide it.) :P
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 25, 2012, 08:57:46 PM
Heading to Maryland right now. Havent seen my girlfriend in almost two months! I'm so excited~ ( and i just can't hide it.) :P

Have fun!   ;) Don't do anything I wouldn't do. (short list, I know....)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 25, 2012, 08:57:46 PM

Have a great time!!!

En_Route

Quote from: Tank on May 25, 2012, 06:30:34 PM
Quote from: En_Route on May 25, 2012, 06:11:12 PM

Well it was a 365/1 possibility that's why I put the date just in case. What a coincidence. Camberwell registry office.

I persuaded my wife to bring the date forward on the grounds that by taking place before the end of the tax year we would secure a  juicy tax rebate. It also meant of course that she had less time to change her mind. We actually got hitched in a church in northern Ireland primarily to avoid upsetting my wife's parents, although I had made no secret of my godlessness.

Hector Valdez

Wow, en_route, sounds like you guys had an awesome time. I hope you're wife recovers nicely.

Buddy

36oC outside. I am sweating by just sitting here.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Siz

I'm learning to unicycle after borrowing one from a neighbour. I've been practicing for a couple of weeks on-and-off. I'm not sure how close I am to getting it, but I'm sure I'm getting closer. I'm not going to let it beat me as its been an ambition of mine for years  :-\

Anyone else tried it or got any tips?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Scissorlegs on May 27, 2012, 08:39:33 PM
I'm learning to unicycle after borrowing one from a neighbour. I've been practicing for a couple of weeks on-and-off. I'm not sure how close I am to getting it, but I'm sure I'm getting closer. I'm not going to let it beat me as its been an ambition of mine for years  :-\

Anyone else tried it or got any tips?

It's easy. Get on and peddle.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.