News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 22, 2012, 10:33:13 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 22, 2012, 08:51:01 PM
Just got home from visiting my folks in Nova Scotia! It was a lovely visit. It was sunny every day and a lot of fun. It was nice to be near the ocean and apple orchards again, I missed it.

What's the best apple variety grown there?
Apples, they's round and grow on trees and are pretty decent in juice, yes?

What more is there to them?  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on May 22, 2012, 10:40:19 PM
Just got home from visiting my folks in Nova Scotia! It was a lovely visit. It was sunny every day and a lot of fun. It was nice to be near the ocean and apple orchards again, I missed it.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

AnimatedDirt

Apple Varieties

Seems there's a lot of variety to apples.

Asmodean

None of those seem to be made of meat, unfortunately, so The Asmo reserves his right to disapprove.  :-\
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Asmodean on May 22, 2012, 11:36:21 PM
None of those seem to be made of meat, unfortunately, so The Asmo reserves his right to disapprove.  :-\

"Decent in juice" seems to be an approval, no?  ;)

Sweetdeath

I seriously seriously dislike it when little kids are forced to attend church. >__<
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on May 22, 2012, 11:41:08 PM
"Decent in juice" seems to be an approval, no?  ;)
More of juice than of the apples. Besides, The Asmo prefers orange juice.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 22, 2012, 11:41:26 PM
I seriously seriously dislike it when little kids are forced to attend church. >__<
I never would have thought that of you...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Robert Moog's birthday. As a synth player, I call it an occasion.

A good person to almost share a birthday with.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Funnily enough, my husband and I spent a few months after our wedding living in the Annapolis valley. While we were living there, my husband picked apples and I sold them in a farmer's market. True story.

They grow a mean Cortland. I think Cortland and Macintosh are probably the most common there. They've also started growing Honeycrisp, which I think are my favourite. Nothing compares to a fresh apple (or any fruit really, I guess) right off of the tree. I used to live across an apple orchard for a period of time when I was a kid and I remember endless summer days of climbing trees and running along the dykes. *drifts off nostalgically*
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Came home from working Cash to find our declawed inside cat outside playing with something, so I walk up to the cat, grab her, and put her inside. Then, for some unknown reason, I was compelled to go back outside and look at what she caught. I had thought that it was just a field mouse or something, but no, it was a tiny baby rabbit. So now I have a tiny baby rabbit wrapped up in one of my rabbit pelts in Thea's old 10 gallon tank under a red heat lamp. Luckly, there are no visible injuries. If it shows any sign of improvement, I'll give it a syringe of warm water. If it lives through the night, I'll take it in to school for my vet science teacher to look at.

*Edit- Here is a picture of it. Sorry it is so dark.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Aww, what a sweetie! I hope it makes it!

I found http://www.mybunny.org/info/newborn.htm about baby bunnies for you, looks like some good advice, maybe.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on May 23, 2012, 03:56:11 AM

I found http://www.mybunny.org/info/newborn.htm about baby bunnies for you, looks like some good advice, maybe.

I've been doing some reading. I have raised numerous orphaned kittens, but never rabbits. Little one seems to be doing better though, no more shaking and respiration is stable. I haven't touched it since I found it. Tomorrow I'll pick up some pedialite and powdered kitten formula, as that is what a couple of sites recommended.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 23, 2012, 04:16:27 AM

I've been doing some reading. I have raised numerous orphaned kittens, but never rabbits. Little one seems to be doing better though, no more shaking and respiration is stable. I haven't touched it since I found it. Tomorrow I'll pick up some pedialite and powdered kitten formula, as that is what a couple of sites recommended.

When I worked at the vet clinic, we used the mammalac brand to great effect. :) Hope the little bunny gets better soon.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 23, 2012, 04:16:27 AM

Aww, OK. Glad the baby seems to be a bit better. Hopefully it takes some water and can stay all warm and stuff. I know you're good at taking care of animals. :) My heart just goes out to it, I love bunnies. If I wasn't allergic, I'd have one. My cat loves them too. I looked after a bunny several years ago and my cat promptly made friends with it, I have pictures of them lying on my bed together.  :D