News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Poor ole Bud!  Hot whisky and lemon, that'll cure it.

Amicale

Quote from: OldGit on May 11, 2012, 08:42:10 PM

Or pain meds, a heating pad and chocolate, depending on the reason for feeling so poorly.  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

That is a cure for anything!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Amicale on May 11, 2012, 10:04:24 PM
Poor ole Bud!  Hot whisky and lemon, that'll cure it.

Or pain meds, a heating pad and chocolate, depending on the reason for feeling so poorly.  ;)

^ Pain meds. Should be one of those obligatory items you carry around in your bag, I've found out on more than one occassion.

You could go to the nurse's hall, if you have to go to school. About 1 hour of rest does wonders (and if that doesn't work, it's killing time).
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Urgh, you know when you can only move forward when you've seen to a condition and you don't see an easy way round that to achieving what you want while not breaking a promise?

:(

After a few weeks of this...nothing. At least time is on my side...I would be rather desperate if it wasn't.  

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 11, 2012, 01:38:19 PM
Just found out that someone in our close family is having a baby! *happy dance* I'm going to have another person my age to talk about baby stuff with!
I bet hubby did a happy dance when he found out  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

En_Route

Don't let them get away with low balling you, of you'll pardon the expression. You look set to succeed on merit, whereas I took the easy option and trading on my Adonis-like physique, slept my way to the top.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Buddy

Took a two hour nap as soon as I got home. Feeling a bit better, but still have a migraine. Wonderful brother is getting me a slushy from Dairy Queen. Unfortunately I have maxed out on the number of pain meds I can safely take. Oh well, at least it is Friday and I have all weekend to sleep. Thank you for all the well wishes everyone :)

On a slightly happier note, what is everyone doing for Mother's Day? Brother and I went half and half on a huge bouquet of flowers and chocolate, then I am making chicken Alfredo from scratch on Sunday.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Did 22 survies at work today in under 4 hours. Craaazy stuff.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 12, 2012, 01:38:21 AM
Did 22 survies at work today in under 4 hours. Craaazy stuff.

So, between 5 and 6 an hour? I take it each survey's about 10 minutes or so? :)

I ask because I used to do surveys that were about 3 to 5 minutes in length, it drove me NUTS doing them back-to-back for several hours on end. I was ready to tear my hair out, I was at the point where I was saying the script in my sleep. Over 2 years later, I still can, actually... that's the scary thing. ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

corgilover

Not sure if it's that time of month or gas pains from eating that bagel with cream cheese. Though that was pretty much my food during college and I had no problem there.

Dear Merlin, let it be the gas!

xSilverPhinx

Monday, monday, monday, monday...I'll see if it all paid off (test)

Munchkin Goddess

Today, I am tired. I'm at work, when I rather be in bed with my girlfriend. Today is her day off, and all I want to do is enjoy it with her. Instead, I have to work until 9pm today.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Munchkin Goddess on May 12, 2012, 02:37:09 PM
Today, I am tired. I'm at work, when I rather be in bed with my girlfriend. Today is her day off, and all I want to do is enjoy it with her. Instead, I have to work until 9pm today.

That sucks.
Is there a dog you could kick?
Ye probably not, they always make themselves scarce when you need them.
If you see someone looking happy and well you could ask them if they've been unwell, look concerned.
To another, have you tried McGoo's deep cleansing cream?

This kind of thing usually works for me but if not Ali, Amicale or D'Juliet will probably be along with cosy platitudes.

Purple=Nasty Pudding  >:(

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 12, 2012, 03:08:57 PM
Quote from: Munchkin Goddess on May 12, 2012, 02:37:09 PM

That sucks.
Is there a dog you could kick?

Ye probably not, they always make themselves scarce when you need them.
If you see someone looking happy and well you could ask them if they've been unwell, look concerned.
To another, have you tried McGoo's deep cleansing cream?

This kind of thing usually works for me but if not Ali, Amicale or D'Juliet will probably be along with cosy platitudes.

Purple=Nasty Pudding  >:(

Actually, rather than cozy platitudes, I wanted to comment that Husband and I have a long standing joke.  When something makes us mad, we say we are going to name a dog after the aggravation and kick it.  For example, Pudding, if you were to anger me, I might comment:

"I'm going to get a dog, and name it Pudding.  Then I'll kick it!"

So anyway, MG, maybe you could get a dog, name it "Not Laying in Bed with Girlfriend." And then kick it.

Only not really, what kind of person actually kicks a dog?  >:(