News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Yikes, kidney stones suck! Hang in there, Asmo! Drink lots of water, listen to some good music.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

(((Asmo)))  Sorry, I've heard that kidney stones are terribly painful.  I hope it passes as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Asmodean

Oh, His Grayness has every intention of being on every legal narcotic known to man when this thing really starts passing.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on May 08, 2012, 05:54:44 PM
Oh, His Grayness has every intention of being on every legal narcotic known to man when this thing really starts passing.  :D

Only the legal ones? Brave soul.  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Tank

Quote from: Ali on May 08, 2012, 04:36:16 PM
V for victory!

Interview moved to Wednesday (tomorrow), so I can still go to the Mommy & Me luncheon.  Also, I have scheduled a pirate to show up for T's 4th birthday next month.  Who's the best mom ever? Ali, Ali, Ali!  Who is the master of balancing work and family?  Ali, Ali, Ali!  ;D ;D ;D

Everybody wish me luck knocking their socks off tomorrow. 
Good luck. Although you won't need it  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

I do not, nor have I ever used illegal narcotics OR used legal narcotics outside the scope of legal use.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on May 08, 2012, 05:29:30 PM
It's raining, The Asmo is dying from a kidney stone* and... General sourness. Yes, that's what's on me mind today.

*For those less medically literate, no, not really dying. For those more medically literate, no, no ultrasound - will pass on its own, apparently.
Ouch, ouch ouch!!!

Kidney stones are supposed to be THE most painful thing one can suffer from. Women rate the pain worse than childbirth and men rate the pain worse than worse than a twisted testicle! Samuel Peeps suffered from kidney stones and had to have an operation down his penis to break them up. He recalls being very relieved that the operation was successful.

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

This is my second. Not enough to make me re-evaluate my lifestyle, but no great fun either.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Been working nights since last week. Turning into a zombie.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on May 08, 2012, 06:19:04 PM
This is my second. Not enough to make me re-evaluate my lifestyle, but no great fun either.

How do you get them? (I mean, what part of your lifestyle puts you at risk?)  I always assumed that it had something to do with dehydration.  That's my medical diagnosis: "something to do with dehydration." :)

G85 - Hope you get back to days soon.  How long will you be on nights?

Asmodean

Yes, dehydration is a part of it, methink. Also, kidney-metabolised stuff that, when mixed, can lead to creation of poorly water-soluble salts.

I'm no expert in medical problems that don't really kill people, but that's what I've heard about kidney stones.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Good luck to Ami and Asmo both!

Munchkin Goddess

Today I am thinking about my conversation with my girlfriend last night. Long story short, she is an ex from my past and we got back together. We have been back together for almost 3 months and they have been a wonderful 3 months. However, since pretty much day one she has been wanting to ask me to marry her. At first, I told her it's too soon and I'm not ready. I got about of a 5 year relationship and within 4 months of when the relationship, we were engaged. Right now, I don't want to get engaged again within the first year. I want to take some time. Recently, I have thought about it some more and I decided that I don't want to get engage until marriage is a real possibility... finacially. I notice a lot of people get engaged, but aren't in a position to get married. I don't think I need to be engage to know that I want to spend the rest of my life with someone.

I told my girlfriend this and she seems to understand, but it's just still on my mind. She means everything to me, but I just want to enjoy this and I want for us to take our time. I lost her once, for five and a half years. Now we reconnected, and I feel like there is no need to rush things.

Anywho, it was on my mind and I needed to write it down somewhere...

Tank

Quote from: Munchkin Goddess on May 08, 2012, 07:30:19 PM
Today I am thinking about my conversation with my girlfriend last night. Long story short, she is an ex from my past and we got back together. We have been back together for almost 3 months and they have been a wonderful 3 months. However, since pretty much day one she has been wanting to ask me to marry her. At first, I told her it's too soon and I'm not ready. I got about of a 5 year relationship and within 4 months of when the relationship, we were engaged. Right now, I don't want to get engaged again within the first year. I want to take some time. Recently, I have thought about it some more and I decided that I don't want to get engage until marriage is a real possibility... finacially. I notice a lot of people get engaged, but aren't in a position to get married. I don't think I need to be engage to know that I want to spend the rest of my life with someone.

I told my girlfriend this and she seems to understand, but it's just still on my mind. She means everything to me, but I just want to enjoy this and I want for us to take our time. I lost her once, for five and a half years. Now we reconnected, and I feel like there is no need to rush things.

Anywho, it was on my mind and I needed to write it down somewhere...
A tricky situation. Have the reasons/circumstances that surrounded your previous break up gone away now?

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on May 08, 2012, 06:07:25 PM
I do not, nor have I ever used illegal narcotics OR used legal narcotics outside the scope of legal use.

I apologize if I touched a nerve, Asmo. I was (mostly) kidding. :) I was jokingly suggesting that you might need all the "medical" help you can get, to help with the kidney stones. Sorry, I have a whacky sense of humor.