Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on April 05, 2012, 08:39:58 PM
The tiny Small One is unwell  :(

Fucking holidays... This will probably set me back a thousand or so dollars in vet bills.
Oh dear!  :'(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Best wishes, Asmo.  Poor little fellow.

Sweetdeath

Today is a cleaning day. Because I am moving out by end of year, I REALLY want to clear out as much useless junk as possible.
I'm so glad i'm not a hoarder.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 06, 2012, 05:55:44 PM
Today is a cleaning day. Because I am moving out by end of year, I REALLY want to clear out as much useless junk as possible.
How about your uncle?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on April 06, 2012, 07:28:09 PM
How about your uncle?

If he doesn't go willingly, I can see that attempt getting messy.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on April 06, 2012, 07:40:56 PM
How about your uncle?

I nearly spit out my soda while reading your comments. LOL!!!

You guys made me smile. :D

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

How about your uncle?

Well, there are ways to deal with that sort of thing...  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 06, 2012, 08:42:21 PM
How about your uncle?

Well, there are ways to deal with that sort of thing...  ;)

That's what plastic wrap and  garbage bags are for. <3

xSilverPhinx

LOL have you tried selling him into slavery yet? Any takers?

Ahem. I do have an old useless dried up mummified thing if anybody's interested...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 06, 2012, 11:55:57 PM
LOL have you tried selling him into slavery yet? Any takers?

Ahem. I do have an old useless dried up mummified thing if anybody's interested...

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Heheh unfortunately I can't say more, the mummified thing is watching. ::) Reads these threads.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2012, 12:04:31 AM
Heheh unfortunately I can't say more, the mummified thing is watching. ::) Reads these threads.

How creepy. O_O!

DeterminedJuliet

My cousin who's visiting turns out to be an atheist! ( we hadn't really talked since we were younger - about 6 years or so). We've had a lot of fun talking about our religious family this week  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 07, 2012, 05:16:34 AM
My cousin who's visiting turns out to be an atheist! ( we hadn't really talked since we were younger - about 6 years or so). We've had a lot of fun talking about our religious family this week  ;D

Awesome! Glad you're having fun! It's always nice to find something in common with family when you haven't spoken for a while and you're catching up!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding