News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on April 01, 2012, 10:20:22 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 01, 2012, 12:00:31 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 31, 2012, 10:04:10 PM
If you get unsolicited PMs from a new member that are SPAM or inappropriate please tell a member of staff - Tank

Who's sending naughty pms?  ;)
Nobody that I'm aware of, but I noticed a member with zero post count sending a message so I thought I'd just give people the 'heads up' that there may be a PM spammer on board.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Jimmy

Reading Free Will by Sam Harris
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Tank

Quote from: Jimmy on April 01, 2012, 10:55:26 PM
Reading Free Will by Sam Harris
Quite predictable for an atheists  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Asmodean on April 01, 2012, 04:49:29 AM
Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on March 31, 2012, 08:39:56 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on March 31, 2012, 07:50:28 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 31, 2012, 07:12:29 PM

Also, randomly thinking of anal sex.

Please elaborate.  ;D

I second this motion... There are way to many unanswered questions resulting from that simple sentence.  ;)
Really..? You mean besides "Do you like anal sex?" and perhaps a resulting "why?", yes..?
There are plenty of unknowns. She could have been thinking about M/F, M/M, F/F, with objects or without, or she could have been thinking about how anal sex would feel or how it does feel. There are other possibilites as to how a person could contemplate anal though.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on April 01, 2012, 11:11:08 PM

Please elaborate.  ;D

I second this motion... There are way to many unanswered questions resulting from that simple sentence.  ;)
Really..? You mean besides "Do you like anal sex?" and perhaps a resulting "why?", yes..?
There are plenty of unknowns. She could have been thinking about M/F, M/M, F/F, with objects or without, or she could have been thinking about how anal sex would feel or how it does feel. There are other possibilites as to how a person could contemplate anal though.

Haha , did I mention I love this forum?  :D

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

I am so, so tired. It's not a sleepy tired, it's WAY past that, it's an "every single bone in my body aches and every brain cell is fried" tired. I ran several errands today, visited family, re-arranged an entire laundry room, moved a very heavy couch out of a hallway, around a corner, and nearly got it stuck in the doorway so I had to take the door off its hinges with a screwdriver, stacked boxes in there (we're making way for an appliance in the basement)... yikes. I picked my daughter up from her dads and put her to bed and finally had time for a quick 5 minute shower for myself... and I am now going to pass the hell out.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Awww, been there! Enjoy your sleep!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Yes, please have a good night, Amicale~

I'm heading to bed at midnight, cuz i have to be up at 8am. X_x

The Magic Pudding

Waiting for Terabytes of stuff to move to move to new hard disk.
New computer, it's like moving house.
It's together, nothing seems dead on arrival.
Pretty boring really it's not going to do anything much different to the last one.
I don't expect 8GB of memory to make much difference to 4GB.
Didn't get a SSD or a new better TV card, probably should have.
Used an Intel processor for the the first time in twelve years.
The video card is boring, I hardly game at all lately, didn't seem much point getting something better that probably uses more electricity.
Yes very boring, same keyboard mouse and monitor.
Maybe I'll put one of those dumb stickers on it.

Sweetdeath

Use this mouse Pudding!!

www.toxel.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/computermouse14.jpg

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 02, 2012, 03:03:51 AM

Please elaborate.  ;D

Haha , did I mention I love this forum?  :D

You have mentioned this before.

And we're still waiting... ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 02, 2012, 04:41:15 AM
Use this mouse Pudding!!

www.toxel.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/computermouse14.jpg

Thanks but I'm not really an into explosives.

Ali

Please elaborate.  ;D

Great, now this is what I'm thinking of.  Thank you all for planting these thoughts in my head.  I'm never getting into Heaven now!  *runs away crying*

philosoraptor

I'm thinking I need to get crackin' on packin' and I have neither the will or motivation to anything more than sit in a chair with my laptop.

I hate packing.  I love moving into a new place and getting everything situated, but I hate the part where I have to put all my shit in receptacles for transportation.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Tank

Quote from: philosoraptor on April 02, 2012, 08:48:15 PM
I'm thinking I need to get crackin' on packin' and I have neither the will or motivation to anything more than sit in a chair with my laptop.

I hate packing.  I love moving into a new place and getting everything situated, but I hate the part where I have to put all my shit in receptacles for transportation.
24 hour ban?  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.