News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:45:59 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 06:44:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:02:04 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 05:35:31 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 30, 2012, 04:19:47 PM
Yikes, glad you feel better, Budhorse.

Thanks, SD.

Just got off the airboat, what a blast! Saw lots of birds, and quite a few gators. I even got to hold one when we were done.  ;D
And you still have all your fingers!!!

I do! I even kissed him. ;D

Ewwwwwwww!!!!

What? He was captive and in clean water. I kiss Herman and Thea.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 06:48:52 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:45:59 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 06:44:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:02:04 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 05:35:31 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 30, 2012, 04:19:47 PM
Yikes, glad you feel better, Budhorse.

Thanks, SD.

Just got off the airboat, what a blast! Saw lots of birds, and quite a few gators. I even got to hold one when we were done.  ;D
And you still have all your fingers!!!

I do! I even kissed him. ;D

Ewwwwwwww!!!!

What? He was captive and in clean water. I kiss Herman and Thea.

I was feeling sorry for the Aligator!!!  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tom62

Quote from: Amicale on March 30, 2012, 03:09:02 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on March 30, 2012, 02:48:54 PM
The evening I'll get the keys of my new house !!! The whole month of April is blocked with movers, painters, carpenters and other appointments. I probably don't have any time left to visit HAF and to play online chess :(.

That's exciting, though!  ;D Congrats on the new place!
Thanks! It is an old renovated farm house from 1907. We were really lucky, because we could buy it for only EUR 180,000. It has loads of storage space (my wife needs that for her shoes  ;)) and it has a certain charm. The rooms however are rather smallish and some of them have a very low ceiling. In some of them I can't even stand upright. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Amicale

Quote from: Tom62 on March 30, 2012, 08:10:02 PM
The evening I'll get the keys of my new house !!! The whole month of April is blocked with movers, painters, carpenters and other appointments. I probably don't have any time left to visit HAF and to play online chess :(.

Thanks! It is an old renovated farm house from 1907. We were really lucky, because we could buy it for only EUR 180,000. It has loads of storage space (my wife needs that for her shoes  ;)) and it has a certain charm. The rooms however are rather smallish and some of them have a very low ceiling. In some of them I can't even stand upright. 

That DOES sound charming, though! Awesome!   ;D I love old houses. Living in a house more than a hundred years old would be really neat, I think! Funny how the houses there were built with such low ceilings and doorways -- folks must have been shorter even a hundred years ago!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 07:01:04 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:54:31 PM

I was feeling sorry for the Aligator!!!  ;)

Haha, very funny. :P

Ha, ha,ha... you walked into that one. ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tom62 on March 30, 2012, 08:10:02 PM

Nice :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Crow

Retired member.

ThinkAnarchy

^^^ And I thought normal tattoos were unattractive. I hope it's one of those henna tattoos and not a permanent one.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Sweetdeath

That's a really good April fool's joke if it is temporary. XD

If not... Ewww, he wont get a date ever.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Jimmy

I like to drink a Martini
But only two at the most.
Three I'm under the table,
Four I'm under the host.
~Dorothy Parker~
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Amicale

Quote from: Jimmy on March 31, 2012, 01:35:46 AM
I like to drink a Martini
But only two at the most.
Three I'm under the table,
Four I'm under the host.
~Dorothy Parker~

:D I love it! *copies it down and saves it*

Although it's not something I'm proud of, I can unfortunately hold my alcohol a bit too well, having been a bit...ah... wilder when I was younger, and it would take a few more than four to get ME under any host.  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Do many straight guys attend My Little Pony gatherings?

I don't know if that cat is permanent but a person who wears skull underpants is probably capable of extreme behavior.
It does seem a pretty gross belly button, even if the cat wasn't there.