News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 30, 2012, 12:07:04 AM
The 2012 Budget came out today and there are going to be no more pennies in Canada!   :o

It's probably for the best, we stopped using one and two cent coins twenty years ago.
I keep one of the big old pre decimal currency pennies on my keyring, they haven't actually disappeared for me.  When I was making the hole in it the drill bit broke and poked my finger.  A blood doused penny, what could be luckier?

Sweetdeath

The 2012 Budget came out today and there are going to be no more pennies in Canada!   :o

I wish so bad U.S would get rid of pennies. Everything should just end in a zero or five. But then again, we still havent even converted to metric system...so I won't hold my breath.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Scribblings made by medieval monks I thought was worth sharing.

My favourite is "Now that I've written the whole thing, for Christ's sake give me a drink." and "Saint Patrick of Arm argh, deliver me from writing." :D

Poor guys.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 30, 2012, 02:22:31 AM

I wish so bad U.S would get rid of pennies. Everything should just end in a zero or five. But then again, we still havent even converted to metric system...so I won't hold my breath.

Things are still listed as $1.99 here, payments are just rounded up or down.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 30, 2012, 03:02:03 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 30, 2012, 02:22:31 AM

Things are still listed as $1.99 here, payments are just rounded up or down.

Everything in Canada is to be rounded up. I sense a scam.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 30, 2012, 03:00:00 AM

My favourite is "Now that I've written the whole thing, for Christ's sake give me a drink." and "Saint Patrick of Arm argh, deliver me from writing." :D

Poor guys.

I LOVED this! So neat! :) Although, I'm just not sure WHY someone would so meticulously copy something, and then wreck it by scribbling a personal note in a margin, hmm... but I also enjoyed the 'give me a drink' one, and I found "While I wrote I froze, and what I could not write by the beams of the sun I finished by candlelight" to be my favourite. I can just imagine it. Wow.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Norway is getting rid of it's last decimal coin (the 50 øre or "half-crown" if you will) in about a months time. About bloody time, I might add!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 30, 2012, 03:00:00 AM

Poor guys.

Excellent!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 30, 2012, 06:56:34 AM

Norway is getting rid of it's last decimal coin (the 50 øre or "half-crown" if you will) in about a months time. About bloody time, I might add!
When I was about 6 my 'pocket money' was a half-crown (2s 6d). That was a lot of money! It bought sweets!!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 07:22:53 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on March 30, 2012, 06:56:34 AM

When I was about 6 my 'pocket money' was a half-crown (2s 6d). That was a lot of money! It bought sweets!!!

Considering the value of the norwegian crown, the 0,50 is practically useless. Good riddance.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Guardian85

Sitting guard duty at a shipyard with no ships. No people, no vehicles, no activity whatsoever. BORING!

-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Welp, managed  to get food poisoning. How fantastic. >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 11:48:44 AM

Good for you!  ;D

-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 11:48:44 AM
Details are NOT required!

Tom62

The evening I'll get the keys of my new house !!! The whole month of April is blocked with movers, painters, carpenters and other appointments. I probably don't have any time left to visit HAF and to play online chess :(.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein