Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on March 28, 2012, 08:40:27 PM
Quote from: Crow on March 28, 2012, 08:23:49 PM
Chinooks are flipping loud, two just flew over my house at quite a low altitude and the sound was enough to trigger every car and house alarm in the area, I thought they would be quieter then they were. Now I want to know what they were doing... guess I will never know.

Chinook sounds like it sould be someone of Chinese-Canadian descent.  :D

Does have an "inukshuk" feel to it.

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on March 28, 2012, 08:40:27 PM
Quote from: Crow on March 28, 2012, 08:23:49 PM
Chinooks are flipping loud, two just flew over my house at quite a low altitude and the sound was enough to trigger every car and house alarm in the area, I thought they would be quieter then they were. Now I want to know what they were doing... guess I will never know.

Chinook sounds like it sould be someone of Chinese-Canadian descent.  :D

Who could imagine these things being loud?  :P

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

Just found a sweet new (albeit slightly, uh, redneck) ride for Tank:

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

I had fillet steak, rare, with minted new potatoes, asparagus tips and hollandaise sauce.  :P
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

New potatoes and asparagus with hollandaise....*drool*

I'm leaving tomorrow to go to South Carolina for a wedding.  Be back on Sunday.  Probably won't be on at all the next several days.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on March 28, 2012, 10:29:53 PM

I'm leaving tomorrow to go to South Carolina for a wedding.  Be back on Sunday.  Probably won't be on at all the next several days.
I thought you already had a husband? Does he know about this new one?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2012, 10:31:31 PM

I thought you already had a husband? Does he know about this new one?

*Snort*  You know me, I pick up husbands like some people pick up cat hair and lint.   ;)

LOL
No, the happy groom is hubby's best friend.  He was the best man in our wedding, and hubby is a groomsman in this wedding.  The bride is a lovely lady that we like a lot.  Happy occassion!

Amicale

Awesomeness! Hope you have a wonderful time!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Having difficulties with the people at little man's daycare. Frustrating.  >:(
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 28, 2012, 09:25:58 PM
Who could imagine these things being loud?  :P

I know stupid of me really, but damn it was surprising I live kind of close to an airport so I hear planes and choppers often but the sound was insane especially in a generally quite residential area.
Retired member.

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 28, 2012, 10:50:17 PM

What are they doing/not doing?

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on March 28, 2012, 11:11:56 PM

Doing: giving us vague/unhelpful criticism and complaints about our son. "He doesn't like going outside sometimes. He doesn't like napping sometimes. Sometimes he cries a lot." They keep saying these things as though we are supposed to do something about it, but I have no idea what. He's 22 months old! We aren't there when these things are happening! What can we do? We've taught him to be gentle/follow instructions as best we can, but what can we do if he gets moody because he's hitting  the terrible twos and we're not there?

Not doing: Giving us our receipts. They owe us receipts since the end of December and we've been asking for them for two and a half weeks (almost every day), but they still haven't given them to us.  And we NEED them. >:(

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 28, 2012, 11:28:03 PM
Quote from: Ali on March 28, 2012, 11:11:56 PM

Doing: giving us vague/unhelpful criticism and complaints about our son. "He doesn't like going outside sometimes. He doesn't like napping sometimes. Sometimes he cries a lot." They keep saying these things as though we are supposed to do something about it, but I have no idea what. He's 22 months old! We aren't there when these things are happening! What can we do? We've taught him to be gentle/follow instructions as best we can, but what can we do if he gets moody because he's hitting  the terrible twos and we're not there?

Not doing: Giving us our receipts. They owe us receipts since the end of December and we've been asking for them for two and a half weeks (almost every day), but they still haven't given them to us.  And we NEED them. >:(

That's hard. We had the same sort of issue a littel earlier in the year with T's preschool ("sometimes he  wanders off to the bathroom without telling anyone.  Sometimes he doesn't want to do the craft activity.")  It's hard enough with a 3 year old that can understand and remember a little better. 

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.