News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Ugh, I do't even want to think about coffee unless it's iced. Seriously, it's the first day of spring and it's 28 degrees C (82F). It's too hot!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 20, 2012, 07:56:57 PM
Ugh, I do't even want to think about coffee unless it's iced. Seriously, it's the first day of spring and it's 28 degrees C (82F). It's too hot!

It's 25 degrees here and I'm loooovvvin' it!
Good thing I bought my 60 SPF so I don't burst into flames!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Guardian85

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 20, 2012, 08:05:30 PM

It's 25 degrees here and I'm loooovvvin' it!
Good thing I bought my 60 SPF so I don't burst into flames!

Here it's 7 degrees and rain. Again. >:(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

corgilover

Wondering how I'm going to get a good grade in my Iran debate in Political Science when one of my group members never lets anyone else have a chance to speak.

Guardian85

Quote from: corgilover on March 20, 2012, 08:10:31 PM
Wondering how I'm going to get a good grade in my Iran debate in Political Science when one of my group members never lets anyone else have a chance to speak.

Hit him upside the head with a book. Speak while he recovers. Recomend hard cover book.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 20, 2012, 08:13:46 PM
Quote from: corgilover on March 20, 2012, 08:10:31 PM

Hit him upside the head with a book. Speak while he recovers. Recomend hard cover book.

Personally, I would recommend a hollowed out book with a lead weight in the hollowed out pages. But to each their own.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Asmodean

...Or, you can politely ask the person to shut the fuck up until (s)he is recognised as speaker.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

I love hot coffee in morning, but I am having iced caramel machiato nooow. So good!

It's 75° here. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Sooo, I like the company "Shutterfly" (it's an online company that lets you create photo-books, invitations, that kinda thing). I'm following them on Facebook and they posted a picture of a baptism invitation with the question "When did you get your children baptized?"

So now there are a bunch of Catholics and Baptists arguing about when the proper time is for children to "accept Christ" and it kind of makes me want to poke my eyes out. I just like being able to create photo-albums, I don't want a bunch of stupid dipping babies debate on my feed! *grumble* *grumble*

Seems like a dumb thing for a business to post, anyway. It's an online company, surely they don't expect Christians to be their only clients? 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 21, 2012, 02:58:35 PM
Sooo, I like the company "Shutterfly" (it's an online company that lets you create photo-books, invitations, that kinda thing). I'm following them on Facebook and they posted a picture of a baptism invitation with the question "When did you get your children baptized?"

So now there are a bunch of Catholics and Baptists arguing about when the proper time is for children to "accept Christ" and it kind of makes me want to poke my eyes out. I just like being able to create photo-albums, I don't want a bunch of stupid dipping babies debate on my feed! *grumble* *grumble*

Seems like a dumb thing for a business to post, anyway. It's an online company, surely they don't expect Christians to be their only clients? 
Yeah, that's really strange for them to assume.
Also,,ack-- baptisms are so freakin disturbing to me.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Wow. My French substitute just told the Mexicans in my class that they should have taken Spanish instead just because they are Mexican. Racist much? -_-
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 21, 2012, 05:25:30 PM
Wow. My French substitute just told the Mexicans in my class that they should have taken Spanish instead just because they are Mexican. Racist much? -_-
What the heck?? Can someone report her/him?

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 21, 2012, 05:40:35 PM
What the heck?? Can someone report her/him?

I don't know. Nothing will probably be done. Everybody hates it when we get her, we just kind of ignore her.

Tank

Surely she should see that if nobody took French she'd be out of a job? Obviously not the sharpest tool in the box.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Fortunately, my actual French teacher isn't gone often so we don't have to deal with her.