News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

Im thinking of how much I hate windows movie maker!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

DeterminedJuliet

Hello friends. I am inebriated with St.Paddy's day cheer (among other things), anyone around?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 18, 2012, 02:13:05 AM
Hello friends. I am inebriated with St.Paddy's day cheer (among other things), anyone around?

We're here.

Guardian85

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 18, 2012, 02:13:05 AM

Day after St. Pat's. Am slightly hung over. As usual.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Yay, got my laptop back!  I've known my battery was toast for like 3 months, so I just always kept it plugged in.  But then on Wednesday, it wouldn't turn on even when it was plugged in.  I was hope hope hoping that it was just the combo of a dead battery and a dead power cord.  Took it to MicroCenter today, and it turns out that yes, my power cord was also dead.  I don't know why or how, but I seem to be very rough on technology.  So, got a new battery and a new power cord, so I'm up and running again.  Now I just need to order a new charger for my blackberry (left old one in hotel in Vegas) and I'll be completely wired again.  I've been feeling really disconnected this week.  Amazing to think that I went like the first 25 years of my life without either a personal computer or a cell phone.

xSilverPhinx

When I was growing up, personal computers were still a bit of a rarity, and judging by the way my father would keep us from using them, really expensive relatively. Now these days I looks at these kids who haven't gone a day without some easily usable technology at their fingertips and think: Pfft. They have no idea what it was like when we had to use the pony express to get messages around. ::)

I seriously can't imagine a world without stuff such as the internet even though I only really started using a computer daily when I was around 13.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Amicale

I have younger family members who have had their own cellphones, tablets, laptops, and you name it since they were small children. Gifts from their father, of course, who works for a large technology company that produces these things. They just take the technology for granted. The 13 year old said "why don't YOU have a..." (insert expensive new gadget here)... "I DO!"  ::)

It's funny. When I was a kid, I played games on Windows 3.1. When Windows 95 came out, I was excited, I thought that was just GREAT.  :D I've been using computers most of my life, and I got started on the internet by the time I was 13 or so. My generation's prettymuch going to be one of the first that'll be more or equally as computer literate as our kids.

That being said, now that the weather's getting nicer and we're having a lot more sun, I'm bound and determined to get my daughter outside on her tricycle or her roller skates or running around the park whenever we can. I want her to dig in her sandbox, spend hours colouring pictures out on the porch, or playing with the kids down the street. She's been a bit too attached to the DVD player and my laptop this winter (but so have I, unfrotunately), and now that winter's prettymuch over, I want to snap her AND I out of that and get out and enjoy life a little more. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Amicale on March 19, 2012, 01:55:29 AM
It's funny. When I was a kid, I played games on Windows 3.1. When Windows 95 came out, I was excited, I thought that was just GREAT.  :D I've been using computers most of my life, and I got started on the internet by the time I was 13 or so. My generation's prettymuch going to be one of the first that'll be more or equally as computer literate as our kids.

It is funny to think that we're the last (or first?) of this transition when PCs became more popular household items.  8)

Autumn is on it's way here in the southern hemisphere, which I think is really good. ;D

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Amicale

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2012, 02:11:32 AM

It is funny to think that we're the last (or first?) of this transition when PCs became more popular household items.  8)

Autumn is on it's way here in the southern hemisphere, which I think is really good. ;D

I LOVE Autumn!  ;D My favourite season. Still, I'm looking forward to getting a nice warm summer, going out to the lake a few times, and taking a trip to see a friend.

By the way, DeterminedJuliet, if you read this, I'll be coming out to Ottawa at the end of May and I'll be there at least a couple weeks!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on March 19, 2012, 02:18:37 AM

I LOVE Autumn!  ;D My favourite season. Still, I'm looking forward to getting a nice warm summer, going out to the lake a few times, and taking a trip to see a friend.

By the way, DeterminedJuliet, if you read this, I'll be coming out to Ottawa at the end of May and I'll be there at least a couple weeks!

Yay! My birthday is the end of may! :) I'll pm you with my contact info
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 19, 2012, 02:45:00 AM
Quote from: Amicale on March 19, 2012, 02:18:37 AM

Yay! My birthday is the end of may! :) I'll pm you with my contact info

Wonderful!  ;D

Buddy

My history teacher is currently hobbling around the classroom using a pointer as a cane, and all I can think about is how much he looks like Dr. House.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 19, 2012, 03:47:31 PM
My history teacher is currently hobbling around the classroom using a pointer as a cane, and all I can think about is how much he looks like Dr. House.
Ooh! Ooh! Is smart and evil teacher, yes? One The Asmo might enjoy the company of, no?  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on March 19, 2012, 04:20:21 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 19, 2012, 03:47:31 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Is smart and evil teacher, yes? One The Asmo might enjoy the company of, no?  :D

He looks like House. Fortunately for us, he doesn't act like him.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 19, 2012, 04:50:49 PM
He looks like House. Fortunately for us, he doesn't act like him.
Fortunately..?

The Asmo would like having a House for a boss.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.