News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on March 08, 2012, 04:30:07 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 08, 2012, 03:46:29 PM
I think I almost died last night. I was in Warsaw at the hospital with my mom. I was waiting in the OB waiting room for her to finish working when a lady over the speakers called a code red and the fire alarms went off. When there is a fire alarm goes off, the regular doors lock and the exits unlock. The waiting room was windowless an the only two doors were an emergency exit and the door to the rest of the hospital. Well, lucky me got the one emergency exit that wasn't working, so the door wouldn't open. There was also no service in the room, so I couldn't call anybody. And there was no one there. I'm pretty sure I saw my life flash before my eyes. The room didn't have any instruction on what to do in an emergency. Then after about 15 minutes of me panicking, they went over the loudspeaker saying it was a drill. I was so scared. Afterwards, I had to tell the administration about the faulty door.

That's horrible!!!!  Glad it was just a drill.  Think of it this way, you may have saved someone's life in the case of a real fire.  You're a hero! *HAF members carry Bud around on their shoulders*

I'm going for a 90 minute massage today.  Got a good deal on Groupon.  I can't wait!!!  (Vinnie can be jealous of me today!)

Lol! That's one way to put it! :D

Have fun at your massage
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 08, 2012, 03:46:29 PM
I think I almost died last night. I was in Warsaw at the hospital with my mom. I was waiting in the OB waiting room for her to finish working when a lady over the speakers called a code red and the fire alarms went off. When there is a fire alarm goes off, the regular doors lock and the exits unlock. The waiting room was windowless an the only two doors were an emergency exit and the door to the rest of the hospital. Well, lucky me got the one emergency exit that wasn't working, so the door wouldn't open. There was also no service in the room, so I couldn't call anybody. And there was no one there. I'm pretty sure I saw my life flash before my eyes. The room didn't have any instruction on what to do in an emergency. Then after about 15 minutes of me panicking, they went over the loudspeaker saying it was a drill. I was so scared. Afterwards, I had to tell the administration about the faulty door.
$50,000 worth of psychological damage I would say  ;)  Glad it was a drill.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on March 08, 2012, 05:01:39 PM

Pft. An bowl of ice cream did the trick just fine.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 08, 2012, 05:05:03 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 08, 2012, 05:01:39 PM

Pft. An bowl of ice cream did the trick just fine.
:D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Guardian85

I'm going for a 90 minute massage today.  Got a good deal on Groupon.  I can't wait!!!  (Vinnie can be jealous of me today!)

More people then this Vinnie guy are jealous about this...  :(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 08, 2012, 05:29:25 PM

Lol. Vinnie is my horse. I have to give him massages for his hips.

Sweetdeath

Washing dishes suck!

Also, my mom's would have been 52nd birthday is coming up  on March 22nd, and I had a dream about her this morning. So I'm kinda down ;___;...
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

*Hugs SD*

You can make a delicious cake in your mom's name. That's what I do on my dad's birthday.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 08, 2012, 05:40:43 PM
Washing dishes suck!

Also, my mom's would have been 52nd birthday is coming up  on March 22nd, and I had a dream about her this morning. So I'm kinda down ;___;...
Just 51. That is such a shame. (((SD)))

Tom62

Tomorrow, I'll be flying to Warsaw to spend the weekend there with my wife. Every 5 years she has an urge to change jobs and countries. So far she lived in Munich (Germany), Geneva (Switzerland), Darmstadt (Germany), Lisbon (Portugal), Washington DC (US of A) and Warsaw (Poland). In one month down the line, she will complete the circle and return to Munich. Maybe we'll get to know each other when we retire ;D.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 08, 2012, 05:29:25 PM

ZOMA!  It was aMAzing.  Except that I fell asleep and missed part of it.  *Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

Ali

Washing dishes suck!

(((SD))))   I'm so sorry that you lost your mom. 

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on March 08, 2012, 06:41:34 PM
Washing dishes suck!

Just 51. That is such a shame. (((SD)))

Yeah ;;..

I had some rocky road. at least the day is over. I feel a bit better.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Going to Las Vegas on Sunday for a convention.  Probably won't be on much this weekend or the early part of next week.  It's going to be a huge event.  Wish me luck!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on March 09, 2012, 11:05:15 PM
Going to Las Vegas on Sunday for a convention.  Probably won't be on much this weekend or the early part of next week.  It's going to be a huge event.  Wish me luck!

I'm not going to wish you luck.
I will wish you a temperament that isn't sucked in by gambling.
I don't like gambling, the fun thing with trivial sums is OK but the industry seeking to take peoples money without regard to what it costs families and society, I despise them.  There are parallels to why I don't like religion, the manipulation of peoples weakness and hope, the use of theatrics to bedazzle.